ABOLT or Model 70 ?

Rooster52

Looking at buying another left hand rifle. Gunbrokers.com has used Browning ABOLT and a Winchester FWT model 70 both in 270WSM.Both comparible condition.
What would you say is the better rifle? Why ?

Browning, the best there is.... So they say.

Don't think you can go wrong with either. I own both (different calibers). Winchester firearms is actually produced by Browning, so quality should be the same. Really just comes down to preference. I like my browning, but also love the Winchester safety.

Flip a coin. I personally prefer the way a featherweight feels. Others say the a bolt feels like an extension of their arm. I don't think you will dislike either, go with what feels right.

If it is the Featherweight Classic with CRF, that would win hands down. They are not only prettier, but they are inherently more accurate....and remember, life's too short to shoot an ugly gun!

We will see. I bought the ABOLT. Now Bidding on the Winchester.Got a good buy on the Browning,Thought I would bid on the Winchester. Sure would like them both .

As an owner of multiple A-bolts, I congratulate you on a fine choice. Mine all shoot lights out, I like their look and their actions are amongst the smoothest I've ever used. If I could only own abolts the rest of my life, I'd be totally fine with that.

That would be a tough choice, I'd probably end up with the winchester due to availability of aftermarket stocks if I was to replace it. I love the look of the browning and especially the magazine because you can detach it to load it. Kind of slick.

Browning, the best there is.... So they say.

Don't think you can go wrong with either. I own both (different calibers). Winchester firearms is actually produced by Browning, so quality should be the same. Really just comes down to preference. I like my browning, but also love the Winchester safety.

They're built by FN under license from Olin

I shot an A-Bolt .270 for years. Every accurate and I killed a ton of critters with it. I replaced it with an X-Bolt in 7mm Remington Magnum and it kills paper just as well as my A-Bolt. I actually like the X-Bolt trigger better, hard to imagine, but true. Now, if I could just draw something besides a bow tag, I could put it to use.

I went rounds with this same questions a couple years ago. I ended up getting the Winchester M70 weather extreme. No complaints. I'm sure the Brownings are great guns though too.

Bought my A-Bolt Stalker Composite in 30-06 new for $330 .... It is an easy shouldering rifle.
It has been sighted in for years using Core Lokt factory ammo but never hunted with.
Zero is 150 yards and will see service this November on a Texas Whitetail Hunt.
Feels like enough gun for whitetails, hope it is.....pictures to follow...I hope

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back