Caribou Gear

A winter of pike

Sask hunter

Went chasing pike today. Caught 4. 2 hammer handles a 24” I kept for supper and this fat 33” pike. Must have been close to ten pounds. Saw half dozen or so more pike on camera with one being bigger then the one I caught. I hope to finally break the 40” mark this winter. All on rod today not even one tip up flag.
58E60E02-9E3E-4706-B564-C7140C8E3C52.jpeg

Once again jealous of @Sask hunter ! Was like a spring day here today 37 and sunny sweating my ass off cleaning out the decoy trailer for the year. Took my step son ice fishing the other day. Caught nothing I can catch fish all summer, not much of an ice fisherman.🤷‍♂️

Is your ice house portable or do you leave in the same spot all year?
Went chasing pike today. Caught 4. 2 hammer handles a 24” I kept for supper and this fat 33” pike. Must have been close to ten pounds. Saw half dozen or so more pike on camera with one being bigger then the one I caught. I hope to finally break the 40” mark this winter. All on rod today not even one tip up flag.
View attachment 208784

Is your ice house portable or do you leave in the same spot all year?
I usually leave it in pretty much the same spot all winter. I could move it if I wanted. Although tough now with all the snow we have. I also have a pop up shack if I’m hitting up new spots

Some people scoff at eating pike.
Takes a little time to fillet, well worth it.
10 weeks I'll have fresh pike , ..counting the days.
This lake is cold even in the summer it hardly cracks 70f. The pike out of this lake are just as good as the walleye. Pike on tipups is my favourite iver winter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back