A tip for camper trailers at remote sites.

Indeed, I'm afraid of fire a lot. It is not funny at all. When you decide to do something such you must provide all the fire regulations and follow all safety instructions and norms. Indeed, all that is linked with electricity is dangerous and I know many cases when people decided to make some changes in internal electronics and lead their van to complete breakdown and fire. This year we also started the renovation of our RV and I would like to order a double washing/drying machine https://www.palmgear.com/best-rv-washer-dryer-combo-reviews/ for it. But honestly, I don't know how correctly to connect it. I think I will call the service help if I wouldn't deal with it by myself.

Last edited:
Obvious you folks have never lived in a remote camp with an outdoor privey. Tiz functional but does not reward lingering at -40. Be sure to build it without an up-draft.

Try a 5 gal bucket with a toilet seat and a kitchen garbage sack.- REI

Obvious you folks have never lived in a remote camp with an outdoor privey. Tiz functional but does not reward lingering at -40. Be sure to build it without an up-draft.

Try a 5 gal bucket with a toilet seat and a kitchen garbage sack.- REI
I have used the bucket and toilet seat deal when visiting another camp. My legs are a bit long and bucket too tippy. Quite the tightwire act. And falling into Niagra Falls would be more preferable.

You haven't crapped until you've been on patrol for 8 days eating nothing but MRE's and beef jerkey and the MRE shits hit the entire platoon at once. You kick in an end of a wooden ammo crate and line it with a trash bag and voila....patrol shitter!! Park the vehicles in a circle around the box and everyone gets a turn. ;)

You haven't crapped until you've been on patrol for 8 days eating nothing but MRE's and beef jerkey and the MRE shits hit the entire platoon at once. You kick in an end of a wooden ammo crate and line it with a trash bag and voila....patrol shitter!! Park the vehicles in a circle around the box and everyone gets a turn. ;)
That is ... if they can wait their turn and make it to the center crate!:oops:

just when you think the OP is the one with a warped mind... in comes Cush

052CD12C-2CBD-4AC3-A9A3-D62583BD86F8.jpeg

Again, a pretty good idea until he got to the fire part. Medium sized bag fits well. I never did try it which is a shame because it was about 10 degrees out and the full bag would have froze so nicely that Mr Ontario would want to use it to keep his beer cold. (I might suggest doubling up on the trash bags.).

View attachment 164951

Again, a pretty good idea until he got to the fire part. Medium sized bag fits well. I never did try it which is a shame because it was about 10 degrees out and the full bag would have froze so nicely that Mr Ontario would want to use it to keep his beer cold. (I might suggest doubling up on the trash bags.).
Yeah, you definitely want quality bags. Not the cheap ones.

The tow bar on the front of humvee worked great to. You can have 1 guy on each side taking a crap while still pulling security. Wooden ammo crate was prefered, Mk 19 ammo can was a good 2nd choice. The MREs haven't gotten any better either. After 22yrs in, I think the original frankfurter or ham slice with painted on grill marks are the best. (If there is a "best"):sick::poop:

Last edited:
The tow bar on the front of humvee worked great to. You can have 1 guy on each side taking a crap while still pulling security. Wooden ammo crate was prefered, Mk 19 ammo can was a good 2nd choice. The MREs haven't gotten any better either. After 22yrs in, I think the original frankfurter or ham slice with painted on grill marks are the best. (If there is a "best"):sick::poop:
I did not serve and I applaud and deeply thank all of those who have. My only experience with MRE’s was after Hurricane Katrina, as we were some of the first in the city, aside from first responders. We had those things for 7-10 days and if I remember correctly, there was a Box A and Box B. We were trading items back and forth like kids trading lunch at school. I bet some of those guys still have boxes of those things at their camps in Louisiana. I know one old boy had a garage filled with them. I could not imagine having to eat those on a daily basis.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back