Caribou Gear

A revolutionary bow?

It seems like it would be safer to have a target that would stop arrows that go a little faster. Two feet a second makes a difference when you're talking about the speed of the world's fastest bow.

Tom leave heeler alone...he's a Modocer and he can't even count to 350 :eek: :D :D

Now that is truly fugged up Marv, you're on your own if you draw a tag up here. Us guys that can't count have serious trouble with calendars and shit like that.:D

It seems like it would be safer to have a target that would stop arrows that go a little faster. Two feet a second makes a difference when you're talking about the speed of the world's fastest bow.

Never said anything about "the world's fastest bow", you did. I pulled a number from memory, which was pretty damn close, to illustrate my point.

Modoc County is in the far northeastern corner of California. High desert, and pine forest mostly. Some mule deer, fair amount of antelope, and a growing herd of impressive Rocky Mountain elk. Has a population density equivalent to Montana, and if you listen to Marv a whole lot of people who can't count. Of course Marv is a funny frigging guy.:D

See...it took heeler three days just to respond to my jab...wind must have died down and he didn't have the batteries charged to his laptop! :p

Tom- Heeler knows I'm giving him chit...Modoc county is a great rural place to live and raise a family, folks up there are typically the kind of people you just enjoy being around and it beats this valley crap all to hell. I'd relocate to the NE in a heartbeat if I wasn't so entwined down here with the kids schools and all.

H-dog is that a decent enough kiss on the arse that it and a 12-pack of green bottles will get me a goat guide on the Tables??????? :D:D

See...it took heeler three days just to respond to my jab...wind must have died down and he didn't have the batteries charged to his laptop! :p

Tom- Heeler knows I'm giving him chit...Modoc county is a great rural place to live and raise a family, folks up there are typically the kind of people you just enjoy being around and it beats this valley crap all to hell. I'd relocate to the NE in a heartbeat if I wasn't so entwined down here with the kids schools and all.

H-dog is that a decent enough kiss on the arse that it and a 12-pack of green bottles will get me a goat guide on the Tables??????? :D:D

Laptop? What the hell is that? Last time I had something on my lap her name was Bambi, and paying her way through college.

As far as repairing my wounded ego it's a nice start, but I am a very sensitive guy. I cried myself to sleep for those three days if you must know.:D

I'll see you guys on Tuesday, taking the family to the hills for five days after my shift today.

Where are you guys heading? The wife is thinking the kids are old enough to start hiking in to some of our old haunts...was thinking about taking them into Patterson Lake sometime before hunting season kicks in. You been up around the Pine Creek area anytime lately??

We went to Medicine Lake. It was OK, prefer less people, but what are you going to do? Do you mean Pine Creek Basin? I was going to go to Blue Lake area this weekend to begin scouting for Bow season (nice segway to keep it Bow related), but it's up in the air right now. My need to scout has been crushed by the demands of the sea of estrogen (wife, two daughters, and two visiting sisters) I'm living in. If you head up this way give a brother a heads up OK?

Blue Lake is nice...also like the Emerson Lakes/Soup Springs area. We used to go to Medicine all the time but you're right about the people and I got tired of looking at big bucks you can't hunt LOL! 10-4 on the estrogen proliferation...daughters have some friends up so I'm now outnumbered 6-1 if I include the dog....

The point of my original post was there is now a Block target rated for 400 fps. Why would that be an issue now, unless a bow that goes 400 fps IBO, or otherwise, was due to be released.
Could be for all the new crossbows hitting the market...

PS- In regards to fast bows, Petersen's Bowhunting did a pretty good round up of the fastest of the fast; all set to the same IBO standards. IIRC, 3 were over 340, the Bowtech 82nd Airborne, PSE X Force, and one by Darton.

Well since we are bring animals into the mix, wait I got to take my shoes off, I am outnumbered 9 to 1. If we count neuters, which I think we should, make that 11 to 1. Regardless it doesn't make a difference the size of the sea, just matters that you're in it, and you can't see land.
My father in law jumped a bachelor group of bucks near Soup Springs a few weeks back. Looks like Medicine Lake is out for the weekend. I really have to decide on an area, and get my arse in gear. Less than a month til opener. Oh and the best news yet, shot the bow tonight, and suddenly I'm shooting about two inches low. Yah me, I suck!
You can't hunt those bad boys at Medicine Lake, or you can't hunt them with a firearm? I should look into that as I was wondering that myself while we were up there. Never got the gumption up to look into that. Guess I will do that next. Daughter saw a bear on the way home. I missed it, the brakes were hot, and I couldnt get the truck, and trailer stopped and backed up in time to see anything except a sloth........maybe. Anyways I questioned her pretty good, and I believe she saw one, probably a two year old or so. Not very big, but a bear just the same. Pretty rare thing. I know they are there, just not a huge population.

Marv looked at the regs, and the only thing i could find was a blurb in the Big Game book regarding no shooting within a two mile radius, and I knew that. Looks like a cut and paste job for the A3 description. Searched Medicine Lake in the pdf regs, and nada. I'll ask the local game warden when I see him again. Kinda makes a guy think those big fellas may be fair game with the stick and string. HMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Just thinking "shooting" implies firearm to me anyways.

Elite archery new GT500 is the fastest bow I have tested @ 29in and 350 grain arrow(IBO) it was 341, the 82nd. was 339, and the X-force was 338.

as far as the block being rated for 400fps it is from the bowtech stryker crossbow IBO is 400

heeler definately ask the law dog in regards to the Medi Lake "no shoot" zone...could be one of those subject to interpretation things that you never feel real comfortable with.

...kind of like the way it's written for our City limits here...can mean a firearm to one guy and a bow or pellet gun to another depending on the day.

...that being said, if you could pull a string on one of those toads it would be SWEEEET!
Was there any size in the group up at Soup Springs or was it still a tad early to tell?

He didnt really say, just said he saw some "nice" bucks.

2point the strings are winners choice 1 yr on the bow. I dont think its the string. Shot through paper and got a very nice tear. I measured the 20 yards and was a bit short. It is possible I didint tighten the sight down as well as I shouldve too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back