Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

A quick hike in overnight

44hunter45

Decided another gear and fitness test was going to be more productive than elk hunting in 100°F heat.
Two hours to where I left the pavement, three more hours on USFS roads, about an hour to hike in.
Took the "shortcut" home, which took 6 hours of rock hopping.

Any current or former North Idahoan know this place?

This sign was at the CFN gas pumps just before I left the pavement.
IMG_3387.JPG
The Little North Fork of the Clearwater River way down in the bottom.
IMG_3390.JPG

Looks fun. The grayling has my interest; they’re way up my list of need to catch. I “think” I know where you were or close to anyways

Edit: okay the shortcut helps but now I’m now sure the way in you used

Looks fun. The grayling has my interest; they’re way up my list of need to catch. I “think” I know where you were or close to anyways

Edit: okay the shortcut helps but now I’m now sure the way in you used
My second Grayling quest. The first time was Sept 2020. That lake is closer to home and higher than this lake.

I was running #7 Tippet and something broke it off. I went to #5 and started landing them.

Inflatable and a 10' 5wt would be magic in here.

Great little trip. I planned on going to that lake this summer to check grayling off the list. Blowing my achilles ruined that plan.

I should say too many hints were provided. Almost like giving away unit numbers 🤣. You should have stopped to throw a streamer for some bull trout in this pool when you drove by.

View attachment 288703
I thought you might know this one or had been to it.

So much water I want to fish. Every time I make this drive I'm impressed how fishy all the water along the way looks.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back