A new Minnesota deer hunters group wants to shake up the politics of wolf control

I believe in the predator prey balance, but I'm glad this group is out doing what they do. Thanks for sharing.

It’s been said on here plenty, hunters have a hard time getting organized to lobby politically.
I’m glad these guys are getting together to try and make an impact.

science will get thrown to the wayside.
I'm not sure any organized or unorganized group can manage to compete with extreme environmentalists for that award.
Science has already been thrown to the wayside...
If anything science may have a greater chance returning, even a foot is better than the current.

Jesus. Just what we need, the high fence CWD transport guy leading a deer advocacy group..

Jesus. Just what we need, the high fence CWD transport guy leading a deer advocacy group..

Exactly. Not a penny of my money will go to any organization that guy is affiliated with. Not that I’d be donating to this group anyways.

Is “ballot box biology” considered science?
Nope, I oppose it. But considering the guy in the video in the OP is also spreading misinformation about your MN DNR secretly bringing in mountain lions on a trailer, I highly doubt he’s fighting for "science" either.
IMG_6717.jpeg

Considering he’s promoting Shoot, Shovel, Shut up, or some derivative of it, I highly doubt he’s “for science”.
IMG_6718.jpeg

Considering this specific person has a long history of causing issues with your DNR(see windgypsys example and there are others), I’d say it’s highly unlikely he’s following “science”. In fact, I’d say it’s more likely that he would lie and twist truths to promote his own agenda, which is probably based around tearing down your DNR instead of finding truth or working towards a reasonable approach to wildlife and wolf management.

So, while there probably are some issues with wolves that need attention in MN, guys like that are the last people I’d want to have leading that charge or being the face of the org, especially if there are well funded and well organized animal rights or anti-hunting groups involved. Like I said, he’ll likely do more harm than good in the long run. He’s no better than the people you claim you’re fighting against.

Last edited:
Nope, I oppose it. But considering the guy in the video in the OP is also accusing the MN DNR of bringing in mountain lions on a trailer, I highly doubt he’s fighting for science either.
View attachment 305190

Considering he’s promoting Shoot, Shovel, Shut up, or some derivative of it, I highly doubt he’s “for science”.
View attachment 305191

Considering this specific person has a long history of causing issues with your DNR(see windgypsys example), I’d say it’s highly unlikely he’s following “science”. In fact, i’d say it’s more likely that he would lie and twist truths to promote his own agenda, which is probably based around tearing down your DNR instead of finding truth or working towards a reasonable approach to wildlife and wolf management.

So while there probably are some issues with wolves that need attention in MN, guys like that are the last people I’d want to have leading that charge or being the face of the org, especially if there are well funded and well organized animal rights or anti-hunting groups involved. Like I said, he’ll likely do more harm than good in the long run. He’s no better than the people you claim you’re fighting against.
Certainly another polarizing issue, and people who appear to be on “the fringes” get the most attention. Im not an SSS guy but i hate to see ballot box biology and lack of effective management (like in Oregon), and the fact that in parts of Oregon elk and deer numbers have been declining for a lot of years now.

So I sympathize with other hunters facing similar issues and know the frustration of not knowing whether hunting can be passed on to another generation.

know the frustration of not knowing whether hunting can be passed on to another generation.
Like I said, that is the last guy I’d want leading that charge. Especially, if you’re fighting for future generations of hunting. His agenda is high fence deer farming and selling canned hunts. He’ll jump on any bus he can to throw chit at your DNR and as I’ve shown above, he gives “hunters” a bad look in this conversation.

While Steve Proter is a bit of a tool, I like what he's trying to do. But don't for a minute think he's not gaining a profit by doing this. And I'm not saying he shouldn't but he hides behind the fact that he will.

But the MNDHA is garbage. I was able to figure that out as 15 year old kid.

Looks familiar to me… I bet in the long run they’ll do more harm than good and science will get thrown to the wayside.
Science has been thrown by the wayside long ago. Whether it be for you covid or your hunting/fishing. It's all about the money now.

I'm really starting to have a reaction to people talking about "the science." I'd like to institute a new rule:

In order to reference "the science", one must first define the question that is being asked and demonstrate that it is a question that can reasonably be answered by "the science."

Back