Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

A Muskox Hunt (Pic Heavy)

Congrats on a great hunt. I'm heading up to go with Ed this January as well and am looking for additional info. Would love to hear of some of the gear that did not work out too well for you so I can plan better. Thanks

Again, good story but I couldn't open the pictures.

I hunted Muskox in NW Canada in the early 2000s, and I hunted in the fall with also a Caribou hunt. I only brought one 50# cooler full of meat home, and I had the whole Muskox hide and two caribou capes in large plastic bags in one huge cardboard box that was so heavy that the girls at the airport in Inuvik had me lift onto the baggabe belt.

I had driven to Edmonton and flew north from there. My only problem coming home was at the US Border and the agent there didn't like that the Muskox skull hadn't been boiled. I finally explained to him that boiling a Muskox skull would ruin the horns and we had cleaned the skull as best as we could and had loaked it in bleach, and he finally let me through.

I had a full mount done of my Muskox and it is one of the highlights of my Trophy Room.

Crud...I don't know what happened to the pics. They are still in the source location. I will try and figure it out or upload some new pics.

Back