Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

A MT Moose update

Time spent playing with the animals sure helps balance out the craziness of "civilization." Thoroughly enjoyed your journey chasing Bullwinkle --- thanks for sharing!

It was never a question of 'if' you'd notch that tag, just which bull and when. Congrats on that moose. It's been a rather memorable year for you, thanks for sharing the adventures.

Just for the record.....it is official, moose is one of my favorite wild game meats. cooked up some T Loin last night with some taters and the only meat I've had that is possibly better is Dall Sheep. I was really suprised but it really is incredible. ......and no I'm not sharing:)

Noticed some tapeworm cysts in the meat but sounds like with the research I've done, pretty dang common in moose. They say a lot of other animals have them too but seems most common in moose. Here was the final product from Mr Moose.

Just for the record.....it is official, moose is one of my favorite wild game meats. cooked up some T Loin last night with some taters and the only meat I've had that is possibly better is Dall Sheep. I was really suprised but it really is incredible. ......and no I'm not sharing:)

Noticed some tapeworm cysts in the meat but sounds like with the research I've done, pretty dang common in moose. They say a lot of other animals have them too but seems most common in moose. Here was the final product from Mr Moose.

I shot a bull moose in the 90's that had tapeworms. I' gave the meat back. I'm not eating cysts. I noticed the meat you showed was pink. They say cook it well done to kill the eggs. Just saying.

I'm going to see how the rest of the butchering goes. I found two in the front shoulder, pulled them both out.

I didn't see any in the stuff I cooked so hopefully its ok.........If not, I hear tapeworms are good at keeping your weight down:)LOL

Wow, there were a lot of people checking this thread, very cool. Fin you either owe me a new T-Shirt (mine got soaked in moose blood) or you can help me pack out my elk...........your choice. And I think I know the answer........I'll be by to pick up my t-shirt one of these days:)LOL

Alright, Matt, looks like I owe you a free shirt, hat, or hoodie. Least I can do for anythread that gets this many view. Congrats on a great bull.

Alright, Matt, looks like I owe you a free shirt, hat, or hoodie. Least I can do for anythread that gets this many view. Congrats on a great bull.

Ha, just kidding fin. You don't owe me anything except maybe a tag along day when you go set wolf traps this winter......

Great Moose! Congrats. I've been following your hunt and just got back from whitetail camp here in the UP of Michigan and see you connected. Way to go!

Matt, just got in from hunting this evening. Funny, as I was driving through Bozeman this afternoon I was wondering if you killed your moose yet. Glad to see you got a great bull after so much work. Thanks for taking us along on the journey.

What a great thread Matt. Wanted to bump it in case anyone else didn't see it at the time. You have really got me excited for my Moose hunt. If I get to full draw and the Bull is 3 yards away, I'm pretty certain I'll be cutting the arrow loose.

You are a Moose hunting legend!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back