• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
Man that’s tough. There are bigger things in life than hunting and sometimes we get reminded of that harshly.

The impact of those types of calls are magnified when you're put of pocket. Sorry wllm....

Appreciate all the kind words, whole thing just seems so random... 34, died of a heart attack big climber/backcountry skier, into sleds, rafting, and the backcountry.

Life time of memories... at like age 6 or 7 he had gotten pretty good at climbing and was so excited to show me how to rappel that during one of our parents dinner parties he pulled out his dads climbing gear and rigged up on the second story deck on their house. Bill (his dad) came out to find us mid descent :ROFLMAO:.

Never got to hunt together, but would have loved to share that with him.
View attachment 240229
Great reflection of your friend, condolences.

What a trip! Looks like you have it your all and as we talked about before, coming from someone who uses chainsaws 80 feet in the air. If something in the back of your mind gives you hesitation and you get that gut feeling. It’s always best to listen to your gut and adapt accordingly and make a different plan.

What a trip! Looks like you have it your all and as we talked about before, coming from someone who uses chainsaws 80 feet in the air. If something in the back of your mind gives you hesitation and you get that gut feeling. It’s always best to listen to your gut and adapt accordingly and make a different plan.
Yeah I grok that now in a new way. I'm sure your "gut" sense is pretty damn highly tuned at this point.

There is also surely a component of a CO kid in AK... something about dark skies, and rain that lowers your threshold for risk.

An amazingly full adventure in Alaska, with heartache to go along with the good. Sorry for the loss of your bud, and a big tip of the cap to you for thinking through the emotions and deciding what was right for you regarding the moose shot/no shot scenario.

Back