Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

a little lab help please

pumpgun

I have got a 11 week old female black lab, I got her at 8 weeks all of a sudden she is getting alot of white hair down her spine. is this something I should talk to the breeder about or is it normal? my big lab is 5 years old and never got any white at all?

I had a black lab that was mixed with a yellow lab, she never had white hair until she got old and even ten it was around her muzzle and her toes. Is she pure lab or mixed with something else?
Get some answers.
Quick Draw

She is a purbred lab I got her from a breeder in casper he said some dogs do change I have never heard of this. I have studded my male out a few times and never had a pup change colors, I paid for a black and now I don't know what I am going to get. Her dad is choclate and mother is black. the grand sire is at www.dakotascajunroux.com Dakota's Cajun Roux. Has anybody heard of a dog changing colors I understand with age they do. but at 12 weeks?

Sorry about the skunk thing man had to do it! I have seen pure bred labs with white spots before but am not sure if they were born with it or if they got it with age. I am pretty sure they were born with it. That does not mean that your dog is not pure bred though.

I have 2 labs at home and have been around them forever.. I have seen a couple of labs that have developed some spots or a diamond on there chest that they didn't have right away but never seen anything down the back...

Ok so I talkked with the vet today Idiopathic lookotirichia or something like that . is what it sounds like to her after she did some research. she wants to do some test to be sure, she said the dogs health won't be affected. other than looking funny. Their is a possibility of the dog completly changing to a different color, becomeing spotted, or becomeing black again. I have never heard of such a thing just wondering if anyone else has I will know more next week after the vet see's her.

Back