A little fishing story (pics of course)

mtmiller

Well, I missed the archery opener in MT last week because of a family fishing trip. A lot of driving, but the fishing was pretty good and it was nice to spend some time with the family.

My mom's boss has some land in northern WI and man does he have a nice cabin (3 times the size of my house). Anyway, here is what I woke up to every morning.
P1120607.JPG

P1120494.JPG

Not only is this a sweet looking lake, there are some pig muskies in there.
P1120482.JPG

I only fished musky one day and had an incredible 10 follows. One fish hit, but missed the hooks and I brought another one in, but no photos. Didn't get a tape on him either, but we estimated 34-36" range. Fun fish to catch. Also managed to catch a decent small mouth, but apparently this guy is on the low end of the average size in the lake.
P1120409.JPG

I spent one morning with my ma and we boated 38 crappie in a few hours. Once again, nothing real big, but fun hanging out with mom.
P1120447.JPG

Wednesday, we headed to Lake Superior and chased some bigger fish. My sister boated this one (my pole) while I was setting up another line. I was jealous, so had to get a shot of me with the fish as well.
P1120636fishrotate.JPG

We limited out on lake trout and my sister picked up a bonus steelhead. Here is another fish I did bring in. This was about the average size of fish we boated.
P1120682.JPG

We I missed out on archery opener, but had a great time. One thing that was missing in that part of WI was the sunrise/set scenery. So I was happy to see this one this morning. I knew I was back in paradise.
P1120734.JPG

$400 in gas, 2,300 miles on the road, sleeping in the back of the pick-up, but now I am headed out the door to find some of those pesky elk or a silly mule deer.

Later guys.

Thanks for sharing miller...looks like you had a great trip though Moosie's gonna give you chit for not posting a pic of your sister ;)

...good luck with the four-footed stuff!

but no photos.
.. UHHhh I'm not one to Call Bull CHIT .. but G-sus man, You're a Fuggin LIAR !!!! :D :D

Nice pictures as usual. you didn't miss much on the Montana opener, you'll knock um dead this week.

Miller, was hoping to hear from you monday. Could have caught a ton of those pesky little smallmouth in the river by me! With some walley to boot. Good to hear you had a good time, nice looking little lake. How big was it?

nice looking little lake. How big was it?
Lake Superior is just over 20 million acres....oh, you probably meant the other lake. ;) I would guess it to be about 500 acres. There are six other lakes on the property. I fished two of those. Bass lakes, crappie lakes, musky lakes, blah, blah, blah. This is a well managed property.

mtmiller said:
... Bass lakes, crappie lakes, musky lakes, blah, blah, blah. This is a well managed property.

You apparently were impressed in a positive way about the fish management there, that's neat. Did they go over it with you in some detail, or you just got to enjoy it, or what? :D

Thanks Dean. I haven't been out lately with the bow, but the 'lopes are on fire. Figures I was working today when I saw this guy. If they would only let me hunt while I am on the job. ;) Had several others run up to us while we were setting up a gas well pad. |oo
P1120806.JPG

On another note, did you get a blind yet. I will be flying out of GF Friday morning, but will be staying in town Thursday. If you want to borrow my blind through the 26th, let me know and I will bring it to town.

Craig, I did purchase a blind through cabellas but I havent recieved it yet, it was on back order. Why dont you bring that blind I could use it. I appreciate the offer.

Are the lopes rutting hard in your neck of the woods. I was in Sidney this last weekend and they were rutting there, but it has been slow around GF. I will start decoying this weekend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back