A few sheep photos

Guy

I doubt that I'll ever draw a tag to hunt them, but I've been reasonably fortunate in photographing our local bighorns:

KjBU3ENh.jpg

eMQPDT2h.jpg

xJpVJVZh.jpg

9Ye0u1Dh.jpg

Neat pictures @Guy. Is that magpie picking off bugs?

That's my guess - not a great photo - but interesting I thought. That photo was taken yesterday, I found a small herd of ewes and young rams, and there was a flock of magpies following along with them, occasionally landing on a sheep for a while. The sheep seemed mildly curious about the birds, but not at all upset by their presence. Some of the magpies stayed on the sheep for several minutes - and yes - I think they were getting bugs off the sheep.

Maybe I'll bounce that question off the local Fish & Wildlife biologist.

Regards, Guy

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

Always amazed at their stature. Impressive animals.

Reactions: Guy
I doubt that I'll ever draw a tag to hunt them, but I've been reasonably fortunate in photographing our local bighorns:

KjBU3ENh.jpg

eMQPDT2h.jpg

xJpVJVZh.jpg

9Ye0u1Dh.jpg
Nice photos. Gosh, it would really be nice for HT posters to identify at least which state they are from and ... no ONX waypoints, but at least generally the vicinity and context of photos and stories. 'Just my pet peeve of curiosity.

Love sheep pics Ive only seen then twice when out west they are an amazing animal its hard to believe their was 1 million of them at one time running around

Nice photos. Gosh, it would really be nice for HT posters to identify at least which state they are from and ... no ONX waypoints, but at least generally the vicinity and context of photos and stories. 'Just my pet peeve of curiosity.
I'm going to guess I shot chukars within a couple of miles of those sheep this winter here north of town.

Reactions: Guy
I'm going to guess I shot chukars within a couple of miles of those sheep this winter here north of town.

I'd guess you're right. :)

Straight Arrow - central Washington state.

Ram pics never get old especially when guy and Miller post some shots. Keep em coming boys!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omcqueen
Back