Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

A Dream Becomes Reality

This write up is great and you paint a vivid picture that could get anyone excited. BUT those pictures are something I imagine only being there can beat. Marcus did amazing work! Congrats to all involved and fulfilling those dreams

Epic story Randy. I was wondering how this trip would turn out for you when i was up in the goat mountains. I am glad you came to our wonderful province and experienced what it can offer. I am stoked for you that the trip seemed to be what you dreamed it would be. Marcus also did a fantastic job of documenting it. Congratulations. If i'd known you were driving to your destination i would have offered my place up for a rest stop for you in Prince George if required.

I look forward to your future adventures and their sharing as well.

What a fantastic adventure! I'm glad you were able to do your dream hunt. Thanks for sharing - great write up and fantastic footage!

Congratulations!

Excellent writing and photos. Thank you for taking the time and effort to share.

Stories like this strip away all the modern clutter and noise we are bombarded with daily, pinpointing what drives us all to these wild places.

Thank you again for taking us along.

Big Fin. Big fan. Your writing skills have increased over the last 15 to years. Looking forward to a novel, short story or whatever.

I started reading my dad's outdoor magazines around 1960. Those old guys wrote about places and hunts like this. Real adventure. This takes me back to those days. Great job of sharing your dream and I don't have the words for the amazing photos.

It has been a LONG time since I've had the pleasure of reading a story as well told as this was. I brought me back to when I was young and read through many years worth of my dads Field & Stream/Outlife magazines, which, at the time at least, seemed very rich in this kind of storytelling.

Its also incredibly refreshing to read about the level of contentment and satisfaction you express from this hunt. I think the vast majority of us here certainly appreciate that aspect of the hunt, no matter the outcome. So, I'll join the chorus of others here and express my thanks in you sharing this with us all! I look forward to when the videos make their way onto YouTube!

Congratulations, Randy, and thank you for the great story and the incredible photographs. I was right there with you every step of the way.

And then there is this ptarmigan thing. For a reason I cannot fully explain, an adventures around ptarmigan has a lot of appeal. Their similarity to grouse and the landscapes they occupy have my dreaming of some crazy idea that involves this bird I've never taken.

I know someone who has a bird dog....

Totally Fantastic. Great county and adventure. I can’t wait to get up in the mountains again after Caribou next year. Congrats to you Randy

I’ve always enjoyed your storytelling Randy but you’ve outdone yourself. That’s the best account of a hunt I’ve ever read. Marcus did an amazing job on the photos too, I think he needs a raise.

Wow Randy, what a hunt! Great story, and great PHOTOS Marcus! Those are worthy of being compiled into a coffee table book for the Fin household!

Also how does caribou taste? I know your busy on other hunts so I don’t expect a quick reply. I’ll hopefully find out in two years.

Randy,

Not sure how I missed this but congrats on your 'bou and moose.

I'm doing the same hunt with Dustin next year and can only hope my hunt comes anywhere close to yours.

I've hunted with Dustin several times and he's served me well every time.

Glad you had such an incredible hunt and hearty congrats to you for fulfulling a dream and a tip of the hat to some serious photography skills by Marcus.

That guy does a helluva job.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back