Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

A Christmas Story

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20812

In the spirit of Christmas, I thought it fitting to share a bit of my elk hunt that i didn’t include in the original version. To set the scene, I was at the darkest point of the day.

I had a pretty frank come to Jesus convo about 800 feet below the top. I was wondering if I would be lucid enough to know I needed to hit the SOS button on the InReach by the time I needed to do so.

During my convo, I was reflecting on how poor judgement and miscalculation got me where I was at. I looked at the sky and chuckled. I said a prayer before I got back to my feet. It was simple. “God, I could really use a miracle right now”.

I began plodding up the trail toward the truck. After a bit, I was looking at a steep, rocky, stair step of tree roots. Sitting in the middle of the trail was a bottle of water. I stared in disbelief before I opened and chugged the entire thing.

I resumed my trudge with the newfound realization I WAS going to get to the top.

Take from this what you will. Random chance. Happenstance. Or an answered prayer. I know what I believe.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

Dang I missed have completely blocked in that part of your story, that's insane! Crazy how things work out when you're in your last straw.

We had an instance not of that severity but close enough when we started counting ounces of water 4mi from the trail head in the breaks when it was 70+ degrees. Fortunately it was mostly downhill for us but that was awful.

Back