Yeti GOBOX Collection

A bow for Joe

DirtyDan

I wanted to share a little project I've been working on. My daughters boyfriend has shown a real interest in my recurve bow. He's had 9 weeks of archery class and has been shotting my recurve every time he comes over. So my daughter asked if I'd make Joe a bow for Christmas. Not a big deal considering I had a whole 6 weeks to finish a 40 hour project in my spare time. Well, 3 weeks into it and I'm getting close. I don't think I'll get it complete by Christmas but that's alright cause I want him to finish sanding on the handle so that it fits his hand. The riser is Zebra wood and Ebony with black and red glass arch and fade outs. Limb tips will be black on red phenolic so it can shoot a fast flight string. Set on top of Zebra wood limbs.

👍 Much better than having to show him the discharge end of a double barreled shotgun.
You do nice work.

You're a hell of a lot cooler than my ex girlfriends dad, heck even my father in law. Nice work!

He's a good kid and I'm sure he'll appreciate it. First time he came over to meet me I took him pistol shooting. He knows I can hit what I'm aiming at. Good kid or not, he's still just a walking penis.

He just got it back to me after final sanding on it. As soon as it warms up I'll put a finish on it. It turned out really nice and shoots better than mine.

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back