Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

9.3x62

MichiganMan

Any 9.3x62 reloaders out there? I have started to work up some bullets for my 9.3 cz550 american with kevlar stock. I have ordered swift a frame in the 286 and the barnes tsx in the 285-286. I shot my whitetail last year with nosler accubonds from their custom shop in 250 grain. Any suggestions on bullets that have shot well and performed well? I am reloading for whitetail but would like the bullet to do elk and black bear also. Thanks

The Norma Vulkan has worked well for friends and customers. Accuracy in mid range velocities is excellent and it hits like a ton of old Volkswagons.. It's been used successfully on Moose, Elk and Griz and once on an unfortunate prairrie dog.

I knew Michigan grew some hefty deer, but how BIG are they if a .366 250gr Accubond is in question?????????? (as he scratches his knoggin in bewilderment)

I've only tried two bullets in mine. The Speer 270 and Nosler AB 250. Both shoot well. I like the Nosler better.

Havn't killed with it yet, but that will change this next season.

Mine shoots pretty much everything I've tried in it. I now reload nosler 250 ABs and 286 gr round nose bullets from Grafs. I have gotten the highest velocities and excellent accuracy from ramshot big game powder.

No advice on loads, but I'm working up something similar for my 9.3x74R but I've got a lot of 286 grain Barnes & 250 grain Barnes to go through.

Love those medium bores. Don't let anyone tell you that it's too much for whitetail. Don't get obsessed with speed either. 2400 FPS is plenty for those bullets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back