PEAX Equipment

7mm Rem Mag Cartridge

168 gr Accubond LR Winchester Expedition Big Game Long Range ammo sprays out of my 7mm Rem Mag.
162 gr Hornady ELD-X Precision Hunter ammo is exactly that out of my 7mm Rem Mag = PRECISE = one hole for two bullets at 100 yds.
Rifle is a 2004 Rem 700 Sendero SF.

Like all my other rifles, pistols, and shotguns I only shoot reloads.

My 7 mm RM is a stainless B/A in a plastic stock that I re-worked. I've used it on a number of international hunts and a couple of antelope and elk hunts here at home. It's even put 3 critters in the B&C record book for me.

I shoot 160 grain Sierra HP's in it for practice and hunt with 160 grain Accubonds.

I have a Remington 700 BDL with a DM that was a college graduation present. I have shot many types and brands of ammo out of that rifle. I picked up 2 boxes of Double Tap ammo loaded with 160 grain accubonds and it likes them a lot. If I could I would stock pile some.

Black Hills Gold Barnes 7mm rem mag TSX 140 Gr. and my rifle groups sub moa at 200 yards. My only concern is that 140grains is a little lighter than I would prefer for elk. I am having a hard time finding monolithic bullets in the 7mm rem mag with heavier grains (160 or 175). I have also heard that the barnes bullets require less grains... is that correct?

Mostly I just shoot 160gr bullets, Accubonds or Trophy Bonded Tipped. If I take that rifle Antelope hunting I would use 140gr Accubonds.

Another vote for Accubonds! My 7RM loves the Federal premium 160 AB loads.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back