MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

7mm Rem Mag Cartridge

168 gr Accubond LR Winchester Expedition Big Game Long Range ammo sprays out of my 7mm Rem Mag.
162 gr Hornady ELD-X Precision Hunter ammo is exactly that out of my 7mm Rem Mag = PRECISE = one hole for two bullets at 100 yds.
Rifle is a 2004 Rem 700 Sendero SF.

Like all my other rifles, pistols, and shotguns I only shoot reloads.

My 7 mm RM is a stainless B/A in a plastic stock that I re-worked. I've used it on a number of international hunts and a couple of antelope and elk hunts here at home. It's even put 3 critters in the B&C record book for me.

I shoot 160 grain Sierra HP's in it for practice and hunt with 160 grain Accubonds.

I have a Remington 700 BDL with a DM that was a college graduation present. I have shot many types and brands of ammo out of that rifle. I picked up 2 boxes of Double Tap ammo loaded with 160 grain accubonds and it likes them a lot. If I could I would stock pile some.

Black Hills Gold Barnes 7mm rem mag TSX 140 Gr. and my rifle groups sub moa at 200 yards. My only concern is that 140grains is a little lighter than I would prefer for elk. I am having a hard time finding monolithic bullets in the 7mm rem mag with heavier grains (160 or 175). I have also heard that the barnes bullets require less grains... is that correct?

Mostly I just shoot 160gr bullets, Accubonds or Trophy Bonded Tipped. If I take that rifle Antelope hunting I would use 140gr Accubonds.

Another vote for Accubonds! My 7RM loves the Federal premium 160 AB loads.

Back