Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

7mm Rem Mag brass

The velocity and temperature stability is why I picked the 8133. I dont know how alot of guys do it but I start by deciding what purpose I want a load to serve, decide on a bullet next, then go look and load data for that bullet and im looking for the top two or 3 powders velocity wise. Then research those for benefits vs draw backs. Like if I remember right, retumbo was very affected by temperature.

Well that's certainly not the best news. Sorry to recommend a powder that's not even being made anymore.

I started reloading about 4 years ago and ran into that with the first powder I tried, a Norma powder. I wanted another pound and couldn't find it anywhere. That's why I switched to the new 8133. Which I figured being made by hodgon would be around for decades.

Is this a relatively common thing, manufacturers discontinuing powders? Is it just the luck of the draw if your powder will continue to be around in a couple of years?

Kinda suprised though, the enduron powders seemed like really good powders.
It happens. We just have play the cards were dealt.

I find a load that works and then buy components for what I think I’ll need for 5 years. Sometimes, you get lucky and can buy one lot of the components and it’s truly all the same.

So, here's the latest. I sent Federal an email through their "contact us" on the website asking them if they were still in the ammo business cause I have seen minimal Federal Premium ammo available on their website. Guess what? These A-holes send me MORE SPAM emails. So, all these businesses spend 90% of their time sending out this crap and 10% of their time making their product. Federal isn't alone. What good business has to advertise that much? If you have an excellent product, word gets around, right? So so sick of the crap emails beating a dead horse.

So, here's the latest. I sent Federal an email through their "contact us" on the website asking them if they were still in the ammo business cause I have seen minimal Federal Premium ammo available on their website. Guess what? These A-holes send me MORE SPAM emails. So, all these businesses spend 90% of their time sending out this crap and 10% of their time making their product. Federal isn't alone. What good business has to advertise that much? If you have an excellent product, word gets around, right? So so sick of the crap emails beating a dead horse.
Not only that, they sold your email to 100 other companies to send you more crap.
Every time you look up a website these days they offer a measly 10% for your email so they can sell it for 10x that and you get enough junk to last a lifetime.
Over it.

Not only that, they sold your email to 100 other companies to send you more crap.
Every time you look up a website these days they offer a measly 10% for your email so they can sell it for 10x that and you get enough junk to last a lifetime.
Over it.
Excellent point Longhorn. I hate this sht. They pawn off their work to the Chinese and get busy sending out crap emails.

Back