7mm Rem Mag brass

TXLonghorn

Where’s all the new brass gone for this cartridge?
Everywhere I look its out of stock or $2 each.
I shoot some Weatherby cartridges too and I remember when people thought that ammo was expensive.

Thats mighty kind of you to offer Arrow.
I’ve got about one hundred that I have saved after firing.
I was just doing a search yesterday and was surprised to see the brass so scarce.
Has to some kind of conspiracy.
Again I appreciate the offer but I should be ok.

I shoot 7 mag also. Thank God I got an extra 5 boxes on Federal's website last Feb & March. Federal Premium Cost me $65 a box for Accubonds and TSX'x. Impossible to find now. It ain't covid, some 2.5 years later.

Quick question, anyone shooting 162 Hornadys over 7828?
Im about to develop a new load id like to know whats working for someone else with this combination. Maybe save me some time and components. Thanks

Im launching them from a 24” Bartlien 1-8.7 twist.

Where’s all the new brass gone for this cartridge?
Everywhere I look its out of stock or $2 each.
I shoot some Weatherby cartridges too and I remember when people thought that ammo was expensive.
I have unprimed new brass for sale that I have no use for anymore if interested

Attachments

• E7771EBD-9652-4DC0-9686-A9DE3D311B79.jpeg
    E7771EBD-9652-4DC0-9686-A9DE3D311B79.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
I have unprimed new brass for sale that I have no use for anymore if interested
I appreciate the offer but I was referring to Rem Mag.
Put that Wby brass up on the for sale section and I guarantee you someone here will want it. Thanks again.

Quick question, anyone shooting 162 Hornadys over 7828?
Im about to develop a new load id like to know whats working for someone else with this combination. Maybe save me some time and components. Thanks

Im launching them from a 24” Bartlien 1-8.7 twist.
I would highly recommend IMR 8133 over the 7828. The load data for a 162 gr bullet shows 8133 as the top performer at 3069 fps and 7828 way behind at 2882. The IMR 7977 is a little better at 2955. This load data is listed as using a 24" barrel.

I shoot a rem 700 CDL with a 26" barrel and my load for it is a 162 gr hornady eldx over a cci #250 with 74.5 grains (1 grain under book max) of 8133. This is giving me an honest 4 shot group of under and inch (100 yards) and 3150fps with very little speed deviation maybe 10-15 fps off of that 3150 at the most. And it's a very temp stable and clean powder to boot. My gun just didn't like the max load, 2 inch groups and diminishing returns on speed (3175).

In my opinion the 7828 is too fast of a powder to get the full potential of the 7 mag.

I appreciate the offer but I was referring to Rem Mag.
Put that Wby brass up on the for sale section and I guarantee you someone here will want it. Thanks again.
If you don’t mind I’m new here. How do I find the sale section

Thats good info but I’ve yet to see 8133 anywhere.
If I do, I will try your suggestion.

I would highly recommend IMR 8133 over the 7828. The load data for a 162 gr bullet shows 8133 as the top performer at 3069 fps and 7828 way behind at 2882. The IMR 7977 is a little better at 2955. This load data is listed as using a 24" barrel.

I shoot a rem 700 CDL with a 26" barrel and my load for it is a 162 gr hornady eldx over a cci #250 with 74.5 grains (1 grain under book max) of 8133. This is giving me an honest 4 shot group of under and inch (100 yards) and 3150fps with very little speed deviation maybe 10-15 fps off of that 3150 at the most. And it's a very temp stable and clean powder to boot. My gun just didn't like the max load, 2 inch groups and diminishing returns on speed (3175).

In my opinion the 7828 is too fast of a powder to get the full potential of the 7 mag.
I see 8133 is an Enduron powder.
That stuff is like Unicorns around here.

Yes, I aint been looking to buy powder for awhile because I only shoot a few shots a year hunting, now that my loads developed. My 40 rounds I currently have will probably last me 8 years. Is powder hard to come by now a days? When I bought my last pound of 8133 there was probably 20 of them on the shelf. Maybe I should've bought more... or I might start looking every time I walk in a store.

I was in Cabelas a few weeks ago and was quite disappointed they failed to have 209 primers in stock..

Again, I aint needed to buy components for a year or two, but if your local store doesn't have what you want, can you just order it offline? I know the shippings probably a decent bit but I always look at how many gallons I'd burn driving to pick it up too

I have developed a good accurate load using 7828 but it doesn’t produce the velocity Elevator is getting.

Looks like I will never know what 8133 would have done in my rifle.
One of lifes many unsolved mysteries.

Hodgdon has stopped making Enduron powders. So even harder to get. I’d start working in a load that doesn’t depend on it.
I’ve started working up alternative loves from all the mainstream “suggestions”.

Always looking for option B and C.

Well that's certainly not the best news. Sorry to recommend a powder that's not even being made anymore.

I started reloading about 4 years ago and ran into that with the first powder I tried, a Norma powder. I wanted another pound and couldn't find it anywhere. That's why I switched to the new 8133. Which I figured being made by hodgon would be around for decades.

Is this a relatively common thing, manufacturers discontinuing powders? Is it just the luck of the draw if your powder will continue to be around in a couple of years?

Kinda suprised though, the enduron powders seemed like really good powders.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back