Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

$6300.00 for a Coyote?

Doug

There was a big contest hunt in Pa this past weekend. It's the Mosquito Creek Hunt and I copied a little info on this hunt for you Western fellas to take a look at:

For those of you who are interested here are some of the results. There was too much to write down today. They are supposed to put the results on the Mosquito Cr. web page probably tomorrow.

I heard there were 4212 registered hunters???

They killed 42 coyotes this year. WOW !!!

1st place was $6330 43.7 lbs Elk Co. Calling
2nd place was $3798 41.95 lbs ? Calling
3rd place was $2532 39.6 lbs ? Dogs

18 coyotes were killed with dogs

1 guy got 5 with dogs
1 guy got 4 with dogs
1 guy got 3 with dogs

Hunting conditions are tough up here. These guys did some work for their coyotes. From the looks of it, the worse the weather the better the coyote hunting.

So who wants to hunt coyotes in Pa next year?
wink.gif

Doug

Doug, I'll quit hunting befor I'd hunt coyotes like that.

hey all I been away for a while will try to come more often.

Smote the Yote
slydog

I will come down Doug. I used to live in Jim Thorpe. I know how hard the hunting is there. It is a little easier here in Maine. I huntind the Mosquito Creek hunt a few years back. I have friends with a cabin in Moshannon State forest, just in from Snowshoe, and a little north of Bradford.

4212 hunters and only 42 song dogs...
Either there just isn't that many of the little critters there, or they are very smart...
biggrin.gif

Mainiac,
I live in Somerset county which is a little South West of the Moshannon State Forest. I've never tried my hand at contest hunting, but I did hunt bear one year in the blowdowns up in the Parker Dam area. If You decide to give that Mosquito Creek hunt a try next year, I will do every I can to help you out. I am not much of a caller but I do have a new set of antler calls that are guaranteed to call coyotes.
wink.gif

Doug

Elkchaser,
There's some folks who say the coyotes aren't smarter, it's the hunters that aren't too bright.
biggrin.gif
I'm not sure about that, but can you imagine the sound created when over 4,000 hunters blow the dying rabbit blues?
wink.gif

Doug

Thanks Doug, I just might do that. You, Dic and I should give that contest a try one of these years. A few years back I was in the Mosquito Creek contest. Back then it was a $5 entry fee. It is a good time to be had by all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back