Caribou Gear Tarp

61 1/2" Wide Bull Elk

The Hedgehog

A friend of mine shot this bull recently in the Gallatin National Forest. Scores in the 390s gross, check out the spread!! I'm cleaning off the skull for him, along with the Yetti's bull. Two very impressive and unique bulls, both of which could likely be on the RMEF Elk Tour as a couple of Montana's finest.

I saw a pic of it over at MM and I have to say it looks way more impressive in your garage than I thought it did from the field pics. Its a smoker of a bull, congrats to your buddy. Seems like every year the elk get more and more impressive. Has your son ever seen a raghorn bull in his life? He probably thinks all elk are at least a 6 pt or better and I have to say I'm jealous of him ;)

Whats your favorite method for cleaning the skulls ?? I've heard of a couple variations of skull cleaning.

My favorite method is to give it to somebody else to do.

But since they usually charge money for that, I boil them in water and washing soda, pick off the crud, then soak them in high octane peroxide for a few days. I do my own stuff and for my good friends, saves a little money and sometimes cold beer shows up at my house with friends that like to tell hunting lies.

Beetles work well too and if somebody is set up with beetles and knows what they are doing, that usually has better results.

Both these bulls are being mounted. I'm just cleaning them off for them so they can sleep with the antlers in the meantime without stinking up their houses.

Ya baby!! Now that's what I'm talkin about. That's gonna make one intimidating mount! That's truly a bull of a lifetime. There sure are some nice bulls showing this year.

What is up with the Boy wearing Love Beads? He have Birkenstocks too? At least we know he'll break the ugly cycle of B'cats and head to Missoula for a real education....

Congrats to your buddy...

Great bull- love them curled b-tines!
Saw the field pics on the "dark side" .... must have been pretty close to be able to shoot that bull with those white boxes over their heads......

Thanks for sharin' Greeny!

Jose, He made the necklace last year at kidsfest and wears it almost every day. Would probably kick you in the shin if you made fun of him. I bet he could probably outshoot you and he's only 4. Check out the bull he got this year.

Yeah I know. Don't ever let them tell you 10lb draw and 150 grain arrows are not adequate for elk.

That bull has got some decent mass.:rolleyes: I was wondering when we'd get to see this year's picture of that booger.

Oak

Looks like he is wearing a bracelet in the picture with the bow.... Hey, the kid has my respect, it looks like he is gonna be a Griz'.....

Back