Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

6.5 Grendelstein - COVID and Supply Shortage Build

I also own a Grendel. 20” BCA flat top upper on a fully assembled PSA lower. Leupold Rifleman 3-9. All is good enough to stay exactly as is forever, but we don’t operate that way now, do we?!? The PSA trigger is alright, decent reset too. But I want to mess with it. Did you consider switching it out too or have you any suggestions? Something adjustable would be superb and it needs to be idiot proof so even a dumb bastard like myself could drop it in.
I've got CMC triggers in a couple of mine, they're not adjustable but they're pretty good. I want to say they're 3.5lb. I did a bunch of extra work to the trigger I put into Grundel, it feels like a bolt action trigger now.

I shot a Grendel for a couple of years in some local tactical/ precision matches. I built mine around one of the Alexander Arms Lothar Walter barrels. 24” with . 875 gas block.
Very accurate rifle.

I shot a Grendel for a couple of years in some local tactical/ precision matches. I built mine around one of the Alexander Arms Lothar Walter barrels. 24” with . 875 gas block.
Very accurate rifle.
Following! You sound like a great source of Grendel info. I always realized the potential with a Grendel and appreciate even more a couple years later.

I'm typically not much of a fan of gas guns, however my son has a 6.5 Grendel gas gun that really impressed me. His has a Les Baer barrel and that rifle is just flat-out accurate.

Following! You sound like a great source of Grendel info. I always realized the potential with a Grendel and appreciate even more a couple years later.
You really can’t do better than a 6.5 Grendel in an AR platform.
Barnes released a 115gr load that I think will be a great combo in the Grendel. You still get some great BCs, but being a little lighter you gain some FPS.

I mostly shot Factory Amax ammo or Sierra 123 SMKs over 8208 XBR. The only problem I had with the Grendel was that once the round count got high, I would break extractors. I got in the habit of carrying a spare to matches. Also, Hornady was generous with the Amax's BC. it was actually about .460-480 as opposed the the claimed .510. It took a lot of rounds out past 800 yds to get that one figured out.
Id like to build another on a Remington model 7 action. I think it would be about perfect in that sized platform.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back