Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

6.5 creedmoor

JWhunter

I am just curious if anyone knows if there is a BDC type scope for the 6.5 creedmoor or if i should just buy a mil-dot system

ive gone with the mil dot vortex pst on mine,,,i know Nikons" spot on" set up will work with whatever ballistics are entered and you can print off a chart for your particular set up for yardages at each spot.

A BDC scope works on any caliber. Sight it in at a given range using the center crosshair, know the ballistics and shoot the target using each dot or line. Measure the difference in bullet impact on that target for each line. Put those findings into a ballistics program and it will give you the exact range that each line is dead on at.

A BDC scope works on any caliber. Sight it in at a given range using the center crosshair, know the ballistics and shoot the target using each dot or line. Measure the difference in bullet impact on that target for each line. Put those findings into a ballistics program and it will give you the exact range that each line is dead on at.
For ONE given scope power if using a second focal plane (the most common) variable scope...

I am just curious if anyone knows if there is a BDC type scope for the 6.5 creedmoor or if i should just buy a mil-dot system

I think you should buy a scope with CDS or other turret system...BDC and multiple crosshair/dots are a cluttered mess IMO.

Every scope I hunt with has a mil reticle and turret. You can turn knobs with a standard duplex but I prefer a reticle to go with the turret so you can spot your misses and make the correct adjustment. It's all personal preference but I don't find a mil dot reticle cluttered at all.

I pretty much decided on a Nikon monarch shot a buddies 308 with one today after work loved it

I pretty much decided on a Nikon monarch shot a buddies 308 with one today after work loved it

Nikon has good glass and seems to have good durability, but I just do not like the little circles. You may do some searching on customer service from Nikon, also. I have read some pretty iffy things about them.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back