Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

50 bmg for hunting

Wonder if he said "I'mma send it" buddy replies full send bro I'm rollin......

For all the controversy on the subject, a 750 gr amax placed behind the shoulder of a deer will simply leave a .50 cal hole in and out... front shoulder on the other hand, total waste of a deer.

For me, i say the terminal destination of the projectile is your responsibility. As long as you can guarantee it isn't going to pass through and his something irresponsible its up to the shooter to decide what caliber to use. A well placed rifle of many calibers will pass through a deer. I have passed through several animals with my bow. Same goes for an arrow.

I suppose if you shoot it accurately I wouldn't argue with it. I imagine it would kill quickly, and that seems ethical to me.

We seem to have jumped around recently here on HT. From "that's too small" to what I imagine is the largest legal option. This offseason, combined with the opportunity to spend A LOT of time on the internet, seems like it would be a great time to be a bridge salesman...

I got no problem with it as long as they are shooting into a good backstop post deer exit.

Back