4th Graders Get Free Federal Land Access

NKQualtieri

Just wanted to let everyone know about this cool program if you have any fourth grade kiddos this year. Every fourth grader can complete an online activity and receive a free access pass to all federal lands: https://everykidinapark.gov/

One of my best friend's daughters is in the fourth grade this year so we're planning some epic trips. I buy a park pass every year but she's excited to "get us into the parks" herself :)

Just think of all the folks that will take advantage of this program. It'll be "rent a 4th grader" near most all federal land. It'll be adults using the passes from all the kids in town!

PS- That tongue in cheek parody of the discussion revolving lower hunting ages in some states.

PPS- I think it's a cool program.

Thanks for the heads up NKQualtieri. My wife is a teacher and didn't know about this - go figure. LOL

Just think of all the folks that will take advantage of this program. It'll be "rent a 4th grader" near most all federal land. It'll be adults using the passes from all the kids in town!

PS- That tongue in cheek parody of the discussion revolving lower hunting ages in some states.

PPS- I think it's a cool program.

When I was a kid it was a 6th grade program. I don't think it's appropriate for 4th graders to be getting this kind of benefit.

Ironic you have to get a "free" pass to the land "we" own.

Pleasantly surprised that they included homeschoolers. I pass this to my wife so she can share with the other parents of home school children.

Way too old for this to matter to me.

It is great for the kids.

Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
I think that if you want to get in to national parks, you need to take a safety course, regardless of age.

Back