Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

411-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stubby,

If you're giving away all this great advice about the unit to others...why not take your own advice and go back to the spots you recommended to start with?

If I know an area as good as you claim to know this one...I don't need to ask for help.

But that's just me...

I’m not asking for advice. Did you give Bart grief for hiring a guide for his sheep hunt? Do you think Randy is a looser because he had you show him where the elk are in Wyoming for his son’s hunt? I wonder what the guys who are waiting their turn on that unit think about the point creep since the episode aired? I’m not even asking for anyone to point me in the right direction. But if there’s a special bull on someone’s place and he wants to take his wife to a Jakes for dinner in exchange then................

Anyone know of some access for a good bull during rifle for some $$$$? Asking for a friend.

@Stubaby,

You stated, "I know those three units better than 90 percent of the guys on this site—-from personal experience."
You stated, "I know where the elk are all the way from Judith Gap to the Musselshell."
You stated, "I’ve killed and helped kill elk on public land both during archery and rifle seasons."
You stated, "I’ve killed my fair share of 300-320 type bulls."
You stated, "I might just kill one with my bow in September."
You stated, "If anyone knows of a landowner with a herd of elk on it with a good bull I’d offer up $1,000 or so to be able to jump the right fence and shoot it!"
You stated, "I’d just like to get that 340 plus class!"

Wow, I agree with MM & GH.............your pathetic, but good luck in buying that trophy bull!

Mtnhunter1

He’s not trying to buy a trophy bull as he can get those any day of the week. He’s just trying to buy a higher score.
I’ve killed my fair share of 300-320 type bulls. I’d just like to get that 340 plus class even if it takes $1,000 or so ..

Ya but what if they drink....a lot?
Like a lot? Like $3000 worth. Plus tip?

Now your'e being just silly.

A rancher who restricts access generally,,,might let a good friend access to hunt a special bull. He might work out a deal with an outfitter for access to the bull..

He's not going to take money he knows is not commensurate from a person he doesn't know from Adam.

Ya but what if they drink....a lot?
Like a lot? Like $3000 worth. Plus tip?
Your story isn’t exactly tugging at my heart string
Yo, there’s more to that tag than the Durfees. I know those three units better than 90 percent of the guys on this site—-from personal experience. I’ve hunted it before. I know the guy who told the guy who told Randy how to fly in the first time.

A guy I knew from Billings killed a 6pt opening day last year up there on public ground. I told a friend of his to tell him to try this spot I’ve ran into bulls post rut where I coyote hunt. I hadn’t even been there for three years and he tagged out right where I said to go.

I’ve killed and helped kill elk on public land both during archery and rifle seasons.

I’m not asking for advice on where to go or how to hunt the unit. I know I’ll be able to kill a bull elk on public any given day from almost Labor Day to Thanksgiving. Heck, I might just kill one with my bow in September.

I know where the elk are all the way from Judith Gap to the Musselshell. I know exactly what I signed up for.

I’m just saying if anyone knows of a landowner(other than the 10 I already know) with a herd of elk on it with a good bull I’d offer more than just “hey can I mend your fence” for access.

Judas. Those are my thoughts.

Your story isn’t exactly tugging at my heartstrings, but it sounds like you will do fine. Maybe take out an ad in the Lewistown newspaper.

Your story isn’t exactly tugging at my heart string

Your story isn’t exactly tugging at my heartstrings, but it sounds like you will do fine. Maybe take out an ad in the Lewistown newspaper.

Full page perhaps,,,, it can't cost all that much.

Greenhorn, can i buy you lunch at famous daves? Would love to get you in my elk net!... pm for details ;)

Ya. I’m not worried about finding a bull. I’ve got a pretty good bead on where they will be, and which fence lines to hunt. I’ve killed my fair share of 300-320 type bulls. I’d just like to get that 340 plus class even if it takes $1,000 or so to be able to jump the right fence. Ha. I also drew the 530 deer tag just to add to the fun.
Are you an archery hunter?

I’m not asking for advice. Did you give Bart grief for hiring a guide for his sheep hunt? Do you think Randy is a looser because he had you show him where the elk are in Wyoming for his son’s hunt? I wonder what the guys who are waiting their turn on that unit think about the point creep since the episode aired? I’m not even asking for anyone to point me in the right direction. But if there’s a special bull on someone’s place and he wants to take his wife to a Jakes for dinner in exchange then................
I didn’t hire a guide it was a friend helping a friend during his off week. It just happen to be a guy that knows his crap about sheep. stayed in our camper ate our food. In hindsight though hiring someone like that out there is worth it’s weight in gold. I’ll pay him back this year when I’m working for him.
For another $3000 I know you know where you could go. I can’t think of anyone else that you could contact offhand. I bet though if you made a few phone calls you might find a willing landowner. Good luck. Look forward to the pictures!

I didn’t hire a guide it was a friend helping a friend during his off week. It just happen to be a guy that knows his crap about sheep. stayed in our camper ate our food. In hindsight though hiring someone like that out there is worth it’s weight in gold. I’ll pay him back this year when I’m working for him.
For another $3000 I know you know where you could go. I can’t think of anyone else that you could contact offhand. I bet though if you made a few phone calls you might find a willing landowner. Good luck. Look forward to the pictures!

I was going to ask for permission later. Haha. Sweet sheep BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back