4000+ fps .22 Hornet

Fatman

I just ordered some 25 grain .22 bullets and a manual from JRP Custom Bullets in Whitehall NY. after reading an article on them in Rifle Shooter magazine. Out of a regular Hornet (not a K) they were getting 3900+ fps. He is working on a 19 grain bullet that they tested at 4000+ fps and expects to have it ready for sale in a month or so. Cost for the bullets was $20.00 per hundred Moly-coated. I can't imagine .22 Swift velocities out of a Hornet.

Fatman, I read the same article. I remain skeptical about the velocities, but won't say it can't be. I would be very curious about any results you get from shooting these. PLease keep this info coming.
Thanks, :cool:

I wondered about them myself, but I gots ta give 'em a try. I will be shooting them out of a 21" carbine barrel so I don't expect to come anywhere near those velocities but the guy that ordered some with me has several Hornet rifles and I will find out what his velocities are also.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 22 June 2001 11:42: Message edited by: Fatman ]</font>

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back