Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

40 Mile Air - Free Hunt

CPAjeff

Not sure how couth this will come across . . .

For the past few years I have thought endlessly about a drop camp caribou hunt and through all my research, the name 40 Mile Air continues to come up. I've tried, unsuccessfully for the past couple years to get on their list when the phones open up for the following season. As such, here is my proposition:

If you have previously hunted with 40 Mile, and would like to do another hunt with them, I'd be willing to pay for your expenses (travel, tag, hunt, meat shipping) to get on the list. If this interests you, let me know.

I might suggest that for less $ you can fly into Fairbanks in the summer, rent a car, and drive out to Tok, stopping at both the Bradley-Sky and Delta Junction airports and swing through all the hangers. There are many many more flight services than those listed online.

Man... That is quite an offer. Have you checked with Tok Air? He charges about 2-3x as much and uses the same strips. I would make sure to review your contract well, and verify that if he's not flying for whatever reason, that you can get your deposit back.

Last edited:
I might suggest that for less $ you can fly into Fairbanks in the summer, rent a car, and drive out to Tok, stopping at both the Bradley-Sky and Delta Junction airports and swing through all the hangers. There are many many more flight services than those listed online.
When we went several years ago we walked into the Nome airport and paid a guy several hundred dollars a person to take us and our gear.

I'm amazed how things have gotten up there.

Great strategy though, I hope it works out for you!

Man... That is quite an offer. Have you checked with Tok Air? He charges about 2-3x as much and uses the same strips. I would make sure to review your contract well, and verify that if he's not flying for whatever reason, that you can get your deposit back.
I'll second this. Tok Air was flying off the same strips as when I went with 40 Mile. I was underneath a buddy that had a relationship with 40 Mile otherwise I'd be accepting your offer.

I have checked with Tok Air and he has some openings for 2021. I had a buddy hunt with him in 2019 and didn't have the best experience (I hate to post that on an open forum, because I don't know the other side of the story). I'd rather spend around the same amount for two guys, rather than just for myself, and stack the odds of a quality experience more in my favor.

The plot thickens?

Are you a weirdo or into weird shit? If not I might know a guy......

LOL - no man, I don’t think I’m a weirdo. I mean, I’m a CPA so I am kinda weird ... I guess.

I’m married with three kids, 32 years old, don’t drink - but I don’t care if everyone else does, don’t smoke - but I don’t care if everyone else does, love to work hard, and totally loaded with Dad jokes.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back