4 points in Wyoming

okie archer

I am planning my 2020 season. I will have 4 deer points in Wyoming. What can I do with 4 points? Looking for a quality hunt with trophy potential. Is that possible with four points or should a keep building. If four points is not that great and a couple more points make a huge difference I can certainly wait and keep building. Feel free to pm me.

Totally depends on your goals and what you are wanting to accomplish/experience. There are certainly tags you can pull with that many points, especially if you are shooting for archery.

Ok so basically sounds like if I check out the wy gf website on units that take 4 points (barring point creep) and pair that knowledge with info found on gohunt I could narrow it down at least to a few units.

I'm definitely not interested in a grizzly unit. I just got back from a Idaho unit 1 moose hunt that a friend of mine had a tag for. Honestly once my two hunting buddies left and I was trying to fill my OTC bear tag it was a little unnerving. Hard to really enjoy with the thought of grizzly.

Just keep in mind that units that took 4 points this year are probably going to take 5 next year. I've missed out on a lot of draws by thinking I would have a chance with the same number of points from previous years.

I am planning my 2020 season. I will have 4 deer points in Wyoming. What can I do with 4 points? Looking for a quality hunt with trophy potential. Is that possible with four points or should a keep building. If four points is not that great and a couple more points make a huge difference I can certainly wait and keep building. Feel free to pm me.
Did you end up putting in for H? I am hunting for the first time this year. I won’t have a lot of time to scout, but I got up there last week and saw quite a few bucks near Hoback. No monsters, but I will be happy with anything with character or about 150 and up. Saw quite a few shooters for me.

Ok so basically sounds like if I check out the wy gf website on units that take 4 points (barring point creep) and pair that knowledge with info found on gohunt I could narrow it down at least to a few units.

I'm definitely not interested in a grizzly unit. I just got back from a Idaho unit 1 moose hunt that a friend of mine had a tag for. Honestly once my two hunting buddies left and I was trying to fill my OTC bear tag it was a little unnerving. Hard to really enjoy with the thought of grizzly.
Out hunting elk this evening I called in a Giant Grizzly to about 25 yards (not on purpose) if you are thinking NW Wyoming be prepared for Bears. Good luck and have a good time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back