MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

3D Printed Reloading Tools

Qubo

When I'm not hunting another hobby I spend way too much time/money on is 3D printing. I've printed a few things for my reloading setup and thought I would show them off and maybe also see if anyone would be interested in any of this stuff for themselves. I've got 4-5 colors now but could get just about anything. Guessing these things would be $10-$15 shipped but haven't actually looked into it.

I made this catch for brass shavings on my RCBS Trim Pro 2. It just rests in the middle and is shaped on the bottom to sit on the spare collets. But I could make one that works with no spare collets.
tempImageI9cxfk.jpgtempImagelCq8r0.jpgtempImageyDpgyH.jpg
I've made a couple reloading blocks for me and friends. I can only do 300wm, 300wsm, 9mm, and 45 cause that's all I have on hand to check the fit.
tempImageqbb9un.jpg
Funnel for my powder throw
tempImagegswvpA.jpgtempImageDGx4fY.jpg
Unfortunately I can't sell next one cause it isn't my design but thought I'd show it off. It magnets on to my Rock Chucker, replaces the spent primer catch and sends primers down a tube straight into the trash. Super convenient.
tempImageOkNJpw.jpgtempImageZGVsv7.jpg
Working on some other designs I'll put on here when they are done.

Very cool projects!
Anything built off a belted case should fit the 300Win block. The 300WSM block would fit a variety of cases also.

Sorry, I'm lost here. Nice tools you made but what does that have to do with 3D printing?

Purely from a drafting perspective, what program do you use for these and what printer are you using?

I'm a draftsman and this is what I nerd on

Very cool projects!
Anything built off a belted case should fit the 300Win block. The 300WSM block would fit a variety of cases also.

Similarly, the 45 ACP would work for a few other cases as well (40 S&W, 10 MM, possibly a 41 mag). If you have the case measurements, I bet you could use those and get around having rounds in house to check fit.

There was a guy that used to sell a lot of stuff like this on Facebook. I haven't seen any of them since facebook said no more gun sales. I think he even had funnels with drop tubes but I may be misremembering

I can see a lot of utility in the trimmer chips and spent primer tube not so much loading trays since they're easily gotten for $10 or less

Any issues with static cling on the funnel with flake powder?

My brother (retired HP employee) was REALLY into designing/printing chit for awhile. Really cool stuff you got going there and totally useful (my bro’s wasn’t always so much lol). But he’s moved on to a plasma cutter and designing signs, gates, and whatever now🤷🏻‍♂️

Etsy has a fairly robust 3D printer maker marketplace - I got a few creature comfort parts for my track saw setup there.

Don
It’s not ink. It can be any number of materials.

I used to haul plastic extruded parts from a business in Ft Collins, Colorado. Somehow this process seems more like extruding the parts. Very nicely done too! This is way over my head!

Thanks for all the compliments!
Purely from a drafting perspective, what program do you use for these and what printer are you using?

I'm a draftsman and this is what I nerd on
Fusion 360 is probably the most popular with the talented guys. But I use Tinkercad. It’s an online program that’s free and super simple which is good for an amateur like me. But a little lacking in features for more skilled people. A man of your talent would probably want more features like Fusion has. Sorry if this is all stuff you already know.

I printed them on a Monoprice Maker Select. But just got a resin printer for Christmas. Its a Creality Halot One. I’m super excited for the resin printing.
There was a guy that used to sell a lot of stuff like this on Facebook. I haven't seen any of them since facebook said no more gun sales. I think he even had funnels with drop tubes but I may be misremembering

I can see a lot of utility in the trimmer chips and spent primer tube not so much loading trays since they're easily gotten for $10 or less

Any issues with static cling on the funnel with flake powder?
For sure on the block. It’s probably $1-$2 in plastic. Does’t take much of my time. Really would just cost whatever the flat rate shipping box is. Mostly it’s just nice to custom make them to the exact number of rounds you want and more or less spacing between the rounds. I‘ve only used the funnel like twice but didn’t have any static issue. I did wipe it with a dryer sheet just in case.

Fusion 360 is probably the most popular with the talented guys. But I use Tinkercad. It’s an online program that’s free and super simple which is good for an amateur like me. But a little lacking in features for more skilled people. A man of your talent would probably want more features like Fusion has. Sorry if this is all stuff you already know.

I printed them on a Monoprice Maker Select. But just got a resin printer for Christmas. Its a Creality Halot One. I’m super excited for the resin printing.
For all of my 3-D work I use SolidWorks and for laser/plasma cutting I use AutoCAD and then import into CorelDRAW to make paths and stuff. It’s always good to hear what other people have good luck with, though, and I won’t claim to know every program to the T.

When I went to school I was pretty spoiled by Formlabs and Markforged printers. Those were the days. I hope you have fun with that resin printer. I’ve been able to make some real high quality stuff before on the ones I’ve gotten my meaty claws on

For all of my 3-D work I use SolidWorks and for laser/plasma cutting I use AutoCAD and then import into CorelDRAW to make paths and stuff. It’s always good to hear what other people have good luck with, though, and I won’t claim to know every program to the T.

When I went to school I was pretty spoiled by Formlabs and Markforged printers. Those were the days. I hope you have fun with that resin printer. I’ve been able to make some real high quality stuff before on the ones I’ve gotten my meaty claws on
Now you’re making me jealous. 🤤 A career in that stuff would be so sweet.

Wouldn't a proper AutoCAD export give enough info for the 3D print? I only ask because I helped out some ASCE students get a model for a concrete canoe profile, and they only needed a solid for the 3D print at the time.

Wouldn't a proper AutoCAD export give enough info for the 3D print? I only ask because I helped out some ASCE students get a model for a concrete canoe profile, and they only needed a solid for the 3D print at the time.
It would suffice, but if you know SolidWorks/Inventor, it’s faster and more powerful than 3D AutoCAD. AutoCAD is great for drawing stuff though, which is why I still use it

Now you’re making me jealous. 🤤 A career in that stuff would be so sweet.
A Certificate C in drafting only takes like 3 semesters to get. It’s a fun course to take, and won’t break the bank if you go through a tech school or community college. I got my degree in it so there’s those possibilities too, and they earn you more money starting out

Back