PEAX Equipment

387 elk

danr55--it's a 7x7 and in the pic you can't see the 6th point on the elk's left side--John is holding onto the end of the main beam you can see the 6th point just not the end of the main beam--chris

11488.jpg

11489.jpg

Chris (if I may call ya that),

I hope I didnt offend. I think your estimate of 370 is closer to what the bull will be. He certainly had the potetial of going a true 390 but with the shorter point and the third point on the right is longer than the other by a bit. Those both being deductions (among others) will greatly hurt this bulls score.

Dont get me wrong, I would wet myself with excitement if I could get a bull like that.Damn fine bull no doubt about it. Just way to many people get a basic six point bull and automatically you here 360, 375, 390 and they are lucky to go 320. Most just do not know what it takes for a true 390 bull yet alone a 400, 425..........495. Just kinda clarifing where I was coming from in that post. My mistake was not explaining why I felt it wouldnt go 387. My appoligies.

no prob and there was no offense taken-it's hard for one to know if they're talkin, gross green, net green, 60day gross or 60 day green, unless they're specific--most on this site know that when we post scores on a recent animal taken that we're talkin gross green unless specified--you'll figure out all the goings on here as time goes on, for sure--but you're right there's a ton of guys out there that don't know squat about how to score...chris

I don't think there's as much as a diff in the 3rds as the pic makes it out to be--my buddy didn't really say either way, but usually he would comment on that like he did on the 6th points when we first talked--but then again since we don't have a full front on view it's easy to agree with what you're saying on the 3rds--chris

CSutton7,

Did you take your 01' bull on the CA? I was viewing your pictures in the gallery and those are some beautiful animals. That 01' bull is especially impressive. I love the symetry and spread. I hunted a few miles north of the CA in 01' on a buddy's ranch, but the weather was so warm, all the animals were up high and the highest areas within 30 miles were up on the CA and Bar None. Go Figure. So we saw very little, but in extremely cold weather, my buddy's ranch has been known to produce a good bull or two. If you don't mind sharing, and it's certainly ok if you don't want too, were your bulls taken on the CA?

- Autumn Pulse

Hey chris thanks for sharing- some definately nice animals there! Uncle Joe looks like he's been up a ridge or two in his lifetime
great to see him still "in the field". Gross, green, blue, or purple....its a dandy!

AP--yes they were taken on the CA--the one taken in '99 is actually bigger than the '01 bull--yea the CA and Bar None definitely have what the elk like-they hang out there all year long--chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back