.338 Win Mag Ammo??

Cornbread

Anybody seeing factory ammo prices & availability for the .338 win mag easing up. May be interested in trying to find Federal Premium for less than $80-200 a box.

Nothing coming up on AmmoSeek right now for Federal but there is quite a bit of Hornady and Winchester available for decent prices. Might keep an eye on that website.

Nothing coming up on AmmoSeek right now for Federal but there is quite a bit of Hornady and Winchester available for decent prices. Might keep an eye on that website.
Im way ahead of ya on that one. Ive never had a rifle (I have 4 Ive tried it in) that shot Hornady ammo well.

I looked on the Federal site and they want $80/box for .300 win mag & $105/box for .338 win mag. Why not just gouge my eyeballs out. Unfortunately, we'll have this dipstick in the white house another 4 years. Voting is useless. I will end up paying $105 and be thankful I got some.

The sooner you get off the "can only buy ammo train" the better off you will be. Choice is yours. I couldn't find 338 WM when I got a rifle. No one had it. Bought a batch of used brass and been reloading for it with no problem finding components yet. Many different bullets tried already.

Quick search on Gunbroker yielded some good results. Might have to buy the whole case but price should be lower than what Federal lists it as.

I just thought of something, Alec Baldwin may have a lot of time on his hands in the future. Maybe I can get him to reload me some .338 & .300 win mag in his soon to be new residence. Whatchathink?

The sooner you get off the "can only buy ammo train" the better off you will be. Choice is yours. I couldn't find 338 WM when I got a rifle. No one had it. Bought a batch of used brass and been reloading for it with no problem finding components yet. Many different bullets tried already.
I just don't have the patience nor the time to reload ammo.

I just don't have the patience nor the time to reload ammo.
A couple hours and you'll have enough ammo for a year. The time consuming part is the the upfront load development and after that the time part is mostly spent prepping brass and even then it's minimal. Now if you get into loading a dozen or so cartridges then yes you'll burn a bunch of time. You'd have to track down 338WinMag Brass if you don't have any already because it's as non-existent as the ammo.

Someone may be able to offer some help with reloading so you can stock up on ammo quickly without a major investment of tools. All you'd have to really do is get a set of dies and components. An experienced reloader would have everything else necessary to build ammo.

A couple hours and you'll have enough ammo for a year. The time consuming part is the the upfront load development and after that the time part is mostly spent prepping brass and even then it's minimal. Now if you get into loading a dozen or so cartridges then yes you'll burn a bunch of time. You'd have to track down 338WinMag Brass if you don't have any already because it's as non-existent as the ammo.

Someone may be able to offer some help with reloading so you can stock up on ammo quickly without a major investment of tools. All you'd have to really do is get a set of dies and components. An experienced reloader would have everything else necessary to build ammo.
For somebody who has reloaded before, it always sounds simple. I have 6 different rifle calibers and probably 10 pistol calibers. Even of I restrict myself to the rifle calibers, it is a ton of upfront time investment. And a ton of costly mistakes with ammo burned up. Sounds easier than in reality it is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back