.338 bullets for bear

Skull Krazy

I have a buddy that wanted me to ask you bar killers what the best (IYO) bullets for a grizzly would be out of his A-Bolt .338 win mag.
He's looking for a good "all around" projectile for the bear, moose & elk that will shoot flat, hit hard and stay together.

I don't have a bad thing to say about Nosler Partitions. But, I've never hunted grizzly bears...

Thanks guys!
Anyone have anything bad or good to say about the scirrocco's or the accubonds for this application?:confused:

I shot a bear right behind the front sholder with Speer Nosler Partitions out of a 7 mag at 50 yards and it dropped. Honestly, I doubt it matters unless you think you will be shooting at 100+ yards. Any bonded or partition should do the job just fine. Hell, the lower grade ammo on the market should work just fine. No need to spend a fortune on that in my opinion unless you think you have have long shooting. Just my .02.

I shoot the 210gr TSX out of my 338RUM and they shoot great. This would be plenty of bullet for the above mentioned. I wouldn't use the accubond as I have heard of failures, but every bullet will fail sometime but the TSXs is JMO but the best out there right now. HAPPY HUNTING

I shot a bear right behind the front sholder with Speer Nosler Partitions out of a 7 mag at 50 yards and it dropped. Honestly, I doubt it matters unless you think you will be shooting at 100+ yards. Any bonded or partition should do the job just fine. Hell, the lower grade ammo on the market should work just fine. No need to spend a fortune on that in my opinion unless you think you have have long shooting. Just my .02.

Premium bullets are actually more reliable at close ranges than lower grade ammo because they are built tougher with features that control their expansion. This goes double for 1) something that his large bones and thick skin 2) something that can eat you

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back