Yeti GOBOX Collection

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
We came down from the foiled stalk, linked up with my buddy, and then climbed up the opposing ridge to see if 1. sheep in the back of the basin? 2. Where did our ram go? 3. New rams?

1. Yes, but ewes
2. Hell if we know lol
3. Indeed.

So we descended back into the valley and made camp. Unfortunately, the weather looked super rough for the next couple of days. We decided to just see what happened and pull the plug if necessary.

We awoke to really low fog...

Reality + artistic representation of the hidden mountains
1662747759540.png

but then.... AWWWWWWWWE the clouds open...

and we decide to go see if we can find a ram

1662747916117.png

Garmin weather said, we were imminently going to take it in the shorts so we decided to just go full send, stalk the ram, look around and just give'r for the rest of the day.

Pics just don't do the mountains justice...

1662749147796.png

Ram wasn't legal, nada mucho at the end of the valley. We headed back down.

While taking a break someone from up high decided to say hello.

45 yards...

Had a nice sauna and reflected on the trip, learned a lot. Had an amazing time in the mountains learning the ropes of sheep hunting. Not sure if I will ever get another crack at being the tag holder, but stoked to accompany Charlie on his future sheep hunts.

It feels like every time I do a backpack trip in AK the mountains stretch me/ push the boundary of what I think I can do.

There is actually still over a week left in the season, but my moose season ends on the 15th, and my in-laws are out of PTO so I'm changing gears and turning my attention to moose.

Had a nice sauna and reflected on the trip, learned a lot. Had an amazing time in the mountains learning the ropes of sheep hunting. Not sure if I will ever get another crack at being the tag holder, but stoked to accompany Charlie on his future sheep hunts.

It feels like every time I do a backpack trip in AK the mountains stretch me/ push the boundary of what I think I can do.

There is actually still over a week left in the season, but my moose season ends on the 15th, and my in-laws are out of PTO so I'm changing gears and turning my attention to moose.
You got that moose in the bag. Its getting him out of that hell hole that will be the problem ;)

You made the caribou hunt I want to go on look like a breeze. I'm sure you will make my 2nd choice moose hunt look like a breeze too :)

O and P.S. I'm doubly hurt deep that you still haven't responded to my PM from DAYS AGO. WTF were you doing on that mountain? I see lots of photos of time spent in the tent. Did it never occur to you to check in?

Seriously lol.. oh I left out the last night sleeping beauty came off the mountain and we had to encourage her to find another tundra bench to sleep on.
So...I take it the manuscript is still with Simon and Schuster . . .

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back