Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
I once heard a story about a woman that would daily look out her window at her neighbors house and with criticism would point out to her husband how dirty their neighbors windows were.
Until one day she looked out her window as she usually did and said to her husband, finally the neighbors cleaned the windows to their house. It's about time she said. The husband spoke up and said to his wife, actually honey while you were gone I cleaned all your windows for you and that is why the neighbors windows look so clean.

I find it interesting how many people from other countries look at America and point out how dirty our windows are when they need to do some cleaning on their own windows.
No the U.S. is not perfect, no country is and there are a lot of things I don't agree with. However, I appreciate the sacrifices our military men and women have made in order that we can have the freedoms we do. I have freedom to drive anywhere in the country I want and don't have to ask permission. I can own a gun or as many as I want, to hunt, target practice, protect my family, etc. I take my family to church in freedom and worship God every week and no one can stop me. We read our Bibles and pray in our home without fear of someone stopping us. I can work and have a job where ever I want. I can have as many children as I want. I can vote for whoever I want. I can choose where my children receive their education. I can own my own home. I can hunt for my own food. This list goes on and on. Many of these freedoms I listed are illegal in other countries.
Regardless of the flaws of our nation, it's still the best country in the world.
If America is so bad then why are so many people trying to get in here?

Last edited:
To sum up my feelings on listening to Canadians or really any other foreigners opinions goes like this.

D you think Tom Brady would listen to my advice on how to be a pro quarterback or would he roll his eyes and walk away?

USA#1

Boomer - I thank you for your service. I am comfortable that both HT and the USA are strong enough to withstand his commentary without this thread. Maybe it would be good to let this thread close out before it turns ugly.

I’m not kidding. Screenshots of 21 quotes? Who cares? America, freedom of speech and all?
Who cares?
I guess any American that cares about their country cares when someone from a different country bad mouths the U.S. on an American forum. Seems to me that the ones that have the least invested in this great country are least offended when foreigners ridicule it. It only makes sense to me that a veteran who dedicated part of his life serving through sweat, blood, and tears would be offended when someone else especially 1. foreigners or 2. Someone who hasn't served wants to criticize the country they worked so hard to serve/defend.
I haven't served in the armed forces but I appreciate those that have/do.
Thank you Boomer for your service to this great nation!

Last edited:
Who cares?
I guess any American that cares about their country cares when someone from a different country bad mouths the U.S. on an American forum. Seems to me that the ones that have the least invested in this great country are least offended when foreigners ridicule it. It only makes sense to me that a veteran who dedicated part of his life serving through sweat, blood, and tears would be offended when someone else especially 1. foreigners or 2. Someone who hasn't served wants to criticize the country they worked so hard to serve/defend.
I haven't served in the armed forces but I appreciate those that have/do.
Thank you Boomer for your service to this great nation!
This is a false equivalency. I care deeply about my country, but don’t lose sleep over criticism of the US. I get criticized all the time at work, directly and indirectly. Yes, it can certainly get old and tiresome, and at times you just want to throw self control to the wind. Often the most vocal criticism is from those least apt to ever understand what they are criticizing.

I didn’t serve in the military, so I won’t even remotely try to speak from the perspective of a veteran. I wholeheartedly appreciate veterans. Personally, I would think veterans would be most incensed and offended by any intrusion on ANY constitutional right.

That said, I work in an occupation where continuing analysis and self criticism is fairly important. I believe in honesty and transparency. Just because the criticism is directed at yourself or your country does not invalidate it. Not recognizing faults is not national pride, it’s nationalism.

Yes, the US is an incredible country. I’ve not lived in another country, so I won’t even attempt to make comparisons. Sorry, but the thought you can’t have national pride, yet see flaws and faults within the fabric of your country is bullshit.

Freedom to criticize the government is crucial. Without it you’re Russia or China. Yeah, I know Ranier is a
Canadian, and I don’t care.

My comment about needing help most likely came across as dickish. I can honestly say it wasn’t intended that way, and I apologize if it did. I think it’s weird as hell and displays an unhealthy emotional response to post up 21 screenshots of quotes over the last number years instead of just saying “I respectfully disagree for ________ reasons.

YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back