Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
This is a false equivalency. I care deeply about my country, but don’t lose sleep over criticism of the US. I get criticized all the time at work, directly and indirectly. Yes, it can certainly get old and tiresome, and at times you just want to throw self control to the wind. Often the most vocal criticism is from those least apt to ever understand what they are criticizing.

I didn’t serve in the military, so I won’t even remotely try to speak from the perspective of a veteran. I wholeheartedly appreciate veterans. Personally, I would think veterans would be most incensed and offended by any intrusion on ANY constitutional right.

That said, I work in an occupation where continuing analysis and self criticism is fairly important. I believe in honesty and transparency. Just because the criticism is directed at yourself or your country does not invalidate it. Not recognizing faults is not national pride, it’s nationalism.

Yes, the US is an incredible country. I’ve not lived in another country, so I won’t even attempt to make comparisons. Sorry, but the thought you can’t have national pride, yet see flaws and faults within the fabric of your country is bullshit.

Freedom to criticize the government is crucial. Without it you’re Russia or China. Yeah, I know Ranier is a
Canadian, and I don’t care.

My comment about needing help most likely came across as dickish. I can honestly say it wasn’t intended that way, and I apologize if it did. I think it’s weird as hell and displays an unhealthy emotional response to post up 21 screenshots of quotes over the last number years instead of just saying “I respectfully disagree for ________ reasons.

YMMV.
I respectfully disagree that my post was false equivalency. As I have already stated I have not served in the military so that makes two of us so neither will I attempt to remotely speak from the perspective of a veteran. I am just trying to put my self in the shoes of a veteran and be considerate of their feelings. If it offends me to have my country ridiculed by foreigners how much more it would seem to offend one who actually served? Also I stated that there is a lot of things I don't agree with concerning our country, especially the way it seems to be heading. The "woke" movement grieves me for sure. I do see plenty of faults in America but for one I am an American not a citizen of another country. However in spite of our faults it's still the best country in the world.

I don't understand how you could feel that a veteran would be incensed and offended by ANY constitutional intrusion. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't burning the American flag protected under freedom of expression? I can't imagine ANY veteran or American for that matter that is fine with the burning of the American flag even if it is a protected right. I'm not comparing burning the flag equally with verbal criticism but sir you did say ANY constitutional intrusion.

Last edited:
It’s America, feel free to be offended. The anti-wokeness has reached the stupidity level of the wokeneas they so hate.

I’m gonna go sort fly fishing gear…

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back