Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

300 wsm. ?

B-Killin

Just bought a 300 wsm. Any suggestions or comments on the caliber? What is everyones' favorite load?

Have several friends who own them. They like em fine and shoot them well. Can't say about reloading but there seems to be a very good selection of factory cartridges available.

H4350 has worked well in the couple I have loaded for. I think loading the 300wsm is kind of like loading for the 308 win, It's easy to find alot of good loads for. I like 180 grain bullets in heavy 30 cals, but the 168 grain triple shock might be the bullet to beat in the short mag.

Had a .300WSM Tikka T3 and tried several loads in it. Seemed to like the 165 grain bullets and the powder I had the best luck with was a new powder from Accurate called MagPro. Made spedifically for the short magnum cartridges. Load data is on their internet side or can be found at the following site. www.shortmags.org
I have a new Kimber 8400 in .300WSM now and will be playing with loads again. Can't wait.

Thanks fellas, getting ready to do a trigger job on my gun and when it is finished I will give few of these loads a try.

I have yet to get my 270 WSM shooting as well as I would like, but I have had good performance so far with MagPro. I just have to get the loads fine-tuned and see which bullet works best. In the .270 WSM, it works better with the heavier bullets (140 or 150 gr) than with the 130 gr. I would expect the same to hold true in the .300 WSM.

300 WSM Load

Thanks for the suggestions on RL 19 a excellent powder in the 300 WSM!

I just bought another toy a Win. 70 SS in 300 WSM.....the loads I will be using are:

168 TSX Barnes
RL 19 @ 70.1 and IMR 4831 @ 69.0
Fed 215GM Primers and Fed 210GM
Fed Nickle cases or WW cases

I have already sent it off too Hill Country Guns for a Accurizing job.

Looking forward to bust some caps!

Roger That........it will proably be another month before I get the rifle back....and will be mid june before I get back to Alaska and to my Fairbanks' Range. Hill Country has a web site and explains exactly what they do during accurizing.

I've seen their site and visited with them at sci and hunter's extravaganza shows...they seem competent and guarantee their work.

Thanks for reply, after Hill Country gets done with it I thought about having it Deep Freezed ......Gander Mountain does this for $80.00 have you had any rifles done like this?

No on Hill Country but have been considering sending them my 700 7mm ultra mag...haven't heard about the cryo treatment yet...sounds interesting

The cryo treatment got a lot of press a few years back. It's said to relieve barrel stress by aligning the atoms. Personally I've never seen any gun shoot better after recieving the treatment. I think is a waste of money for a hunting rifle.

Back