300 WSM

jcbdc

Just won a Winchester 70 in 300 WSM at the RMEF dinner. Have used a 300 Wea. and 7mm Rem mag but this is the first 300 WSM. Anyone got any good loads to look at. Thinkinig about something in the 165 grain for a fall Texas deer hunt. Looking at the Groove bullet page too.
My load books are too old to list the 300 WSM.

Thanks for any help
Doc

Funter

jcbdc,

Lucky you I had to buy mine.
biggrin.gif
I bought a Win 70 Coyote in 300 wsm. Been shooting factory 150 gr ballistic tips and am getting clover leafs at 100 yds.I have a Nosler manual and am thinking about loading up Imr 4064 at 58.5 gr with their 150 gr CT ballistic silvertips. I would be more than happy to tell you how they shoot when I get a chance to shoot them.

jcbdc

Funter, Yes please keep me informed how it shoots. I need to order some dies etc. so I can get started. I use Reloader 22 in my 7 mag.

Joe

Funter

jcbdc,

Sorry it has taken sooooo long been preoccupied , had my truck stolen out of my driveway March 1 took the insurance company til may 26 to give me a check
frown.gif
mad.gif
.I hope to get out to shoot it soon.While waiting on them my computer crashed so maybe I need to get out to relax and do some shooting.I hope to have results soon.Have you shot yours yet?

Tim

D

Dick Reece

Hey guys,I have a BAR with BOSS in 300WSM I haven't even fired yet.I also have the Nosler and Hornady fifth edition manuals if you need me to look up a load for you.I have been so busy reloading for varmint rifles and preparing new brass [about 600 rounds] I haven't had time to go shoot yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwilson18usmc