Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

300 win mag for sale

Spitz

Gonna give this a shot since I've been flirting with building a custom gun for way too long now and need some incentive to make it happen. Wish I had the kind of cheese to keep the old and get the new but I don't, so this one has got to go.

Here's what I've got:

Remington Custom KS mountain rifle in 300 win mag. One of the early ones with the McMillan Stock. I've had it for 7 years and have put 200 or so rounds through it. I bought it used from the original owner who had not shot it very much as the recoil was strong for him. He had the barrel mag-na-ported.

In 2009 I sent it to Hill Country Rifles for their accurization package, it didn't shoot poorly before that, I just had cash to burn and a bright idea. I still have the receipt showing 696.00 spent though 68.00 of that was shipping. They completed their accurization package and also replaced the firing pin and repaired the extractor. They cerakoted the bolt as well. They lapped the 30 mm talley lightweights that will stay with the rifle.

It's not a safe queen as I've hunted plenty with it. It has a few minor scratches on the stock to prove it. There are slight handling marks or rub marks on the barrel coating as well. The only other marks are on the bolt which was cerakoted by HCR. The marks are where the action and action screw rubbed the bolt.

I have an rcbs fl die set plus a hornady neck sizer that I'll have no need for so I'll throw them in. It shoots Hornady Superperformance 180 SSTs great so that's what I've been using.

Scope isn't included at this price.

Plenty of pics available upon request.

$1450 shipped.

image.jpg

Sweet rig - I have .300 Abolt, but not one of my guns is 'accurized'.
I just like that word, need to do that to a gun so I can say i have been accuraized!

I wish I could be accurized and not just my gun, but that probably wouldn't be fair to Superman.

Spitz, am assuming you have the port threads cut off when HCA recrowned. How long is the barrel?

Barrel is 24 inches and I see no threads on the crown.

No ffl transaction fee for known TX residents as well;)

Scoped rifle is 8lbs 6 oz. Vortex lists the scope at 22.4 oz sans the reticle battery.

I've also got 95 pieces of once fired brass and 38 rounds of Hornady Superperformance 180 SST I'll throw into the package.

I've got a short action magnum bolt face and have a mcmillan edge stock on order. Haven't decided between 7 wsm or 300 wsm or the builder yet. Will be relying on a heavy 308 this fall since I doubt the custom will be completed.

Thanks. She's gone. But the "Weird Science" excitement of building to my specs has set in. It's pretty fun.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back