3 Day Assault Mystery Ranch

I have read on a different forum where a guy has loaded up his Big Horn with about 70-80 pounds with no problems and another guy has a daughter that carries 60 pounds in her Big Horn for training. I've only had about 45 in mine and it has been very comfortable.
MR just redesigned the Dragon Slayer to make a little lighter and beefed up the suspension to carry 80 pounds. I wouldn't use the 3 Day though, I think it has quite the suspension to handle a heavy load.

I am also thinking very hard about getting the Dragon Slayer. Does anyone know if the upgraded waistbelt is needed? I would assume it makes hauling heavier loads more comfortable?

Thanks for the help

I am also thinking very hard about getting the Dragon Slayer. Does anyone know if the upgraded waistbelt is needed? I would assume it makes hauling heavier loads more comfortable?

Thanks for the help

I've got a snapdragon.. same thing as a dragonslayer.

You will want the upgraded waistbelt.

Just a quick note on the badlands pack. I have 2 of them both the 2200 and the 4500 either one of these packs can haul more than you would want, but I have had all the zipper pulls break off as well as a couple zippers themselves quit working. Probablly will go with the Ebberle for the next pack.

I just curious why you would buy cheaper packs again...why not just go get a real good one. I mean if you used these until they died and use them often? You will not be disappointed with the MR packs. I had Bandlands blew out on an elk packout...that sucked..had an X2 and it did not meet the call on an elk paskout.

Glad I saw this, looking at this pack and really like what I've read about it and seen so far...

I would DEFINITELY recommend getting the Dragon Slayer with the waistbelts... in fact, we're making it mandatory... prices will be $299 for Foliage/Coyote and $345 for Optifade Open Country...

The new redesign is a pound lighter, incorporates the X Frame, a curved aluminum lumbar stay, and much, much better compression. Think Longbow, but with a frame designed to handle 80 pound loads... 4 1/4 pounds...

I would DEFINITELY recommend getting the Dragon Slayer with the waistbelts... in fact, we're making it mandatory... prices will be $299 for Foliage/Coyote and $345 for Optifade Open Country...

The new redesign is a pound lighter, incorporates the X Frame, a curved aluminum lumbar stay, and much, much better compression. Think Longbow, but with a frame designed to handle 80 pound loads... 4 1/4 pounds...

Yup, done deal this next week...:hump:

I as well just ordered one yesterday.

Seacat,
Is it looking like six weeks for delivery on the Dragon Slayer in Coyote? Maybe longer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back