2A advocates should pray for a full recovery

If that works for you go for it, sounds far fetched to me. I can assure you the corporation I retired from does not lean left...at all. After all Trump named the CEO his first Sec. of State.

Most corporations do their level best to keep unions out of their workforce, hardly left leaning. Most corporations lobby extensively to reduce or modify regulations, hardly left leaning. I do like the suggestion that public employee unions yield the clout of major corporations, that's quite a stretch.

If you want to see a modern threat to democracy, a review of the last presidential election aftermath is more relevant.
Apple, Google/Alphabet, Microsoft, Amazon, Tesla, Facebook/Meta, Nike, VISA, a bunch of i-banks and hedge funds, I could fill pages of top 250 corps that are at least to center and most left of center - but ya, old school oil and gas companies are probably throwbacks.

With almost unlimited "press" and a significant move relatively to the left by major corporations and the wealthy, the implicit conflict of interest of strong public employee unions and institutionalized bureaucracies are the more modern threat to democracy - but we do need to be vigilant in a democracy to all forms of abuse.
I really shouldn't but FFS where do these strong public employees unions exist you speak of?

There is next to no teeth left in public sector unions...can't even strike for Christs sake.

Pretty tough to be a threat to democracy, or the agency, when you can't even bargain wages, benefits, or a raise.

Not able to strike for federal either, Somehow AFGE and NTEU manage reasonable CBA's. However, Trump Admin attempted to hi-jack the FLRA and bust Unions. From a Union perspective, it's good that kettle simmered back down to reasonable FLRA / Arbitrations, etc.

Apple, Google/Alphabet, Microsoft, Amazon, Tesla, Facebook/Meta, Nike, VISA, a bunch of i-banks and hedge funds, I could fill pages of top 250 corps that are at least to center and most left of center - but ya, old school oil and gas companies are probably throwbacks.

You might check out who Meta went to for help with their fight with TikTok. Amazon is infamous for it's union busting. Elon Musk is also fiercely anti union.

So if you could fill a list of 250 corps that are center to left leaning, you should have started with better examples.

If your assertion was half true, the Democrats would be awash with corporate money, the GOP would be scrambling for corporate donations.

Where corporations are center, to center left is on social policy. Their work forces are more diverse than the GOP. But on economic issues, they do not lean left.

Where corporations are center, to center left is on social policy. Their work forces are more diverse than the GOP. But on economic issues, they do not lean left.
Well duh. They have to make a profit or there will be no more corporation. What they support with that profit is how they are judged politically.

Well duh. They have to make a profit or there will be no more corporation. What they support with that profit is how they are judged politically.

They support GOP politicians, historically and presently.

As to the first link, it is about who is better at using "dark" money to best advantage. It also states the ambivalence that the left has to the Citizen's United decision. You'll have a difficult time finding politicians from the right stating anything negative about Citizen's United.

As to the second link, that is Wall Street reading tea leaves and wanting a seat at the table when the expected Trump loss in the election occurred. As it states, once in a decade, they gave Democrats more than the gave Republican. It was a hedge, as Wall Street often does.

Earlier you pointed to Musk as a left leaning individual. If that was so, Biden would not have given him a cold shoulder at least twice when promoting electric vehicles. The Musk tweets bemoaning his exclusion aren't difficult to find.

Embracing junk "science" is now right leaning lol
A mixed bag - things like GMO scares and lots of crazy views pseudo-science takes on food come from the left. There are two kinds of science in 2022 - the science that agrees with one's politics and the science that does not. An interesting study showed that the more highly educated a person is, the more likely they are to reject math or scientific data that does not match their personal values/beliefs. So no, science denial is not a left/right thing -- it is a "how partisan are you" thing.

A mixed bag - things like GMO scares and lots of crazy views pseudo-science takes on food come from the left. There are two kinds of science in 2022 - the science that agrees with one's politics and the science that does not. An interesting study showed that the more highly educated a person is, the more likely they are to reject math or scientific data that does not match their personal values/beliefs. So no, science denial is not a left/right thing -- it is a "how partisan are you" thing.
You're right, I just had to do it for the couple likes I (hopefully) get. ;)

It's actually really interesting how anti-vax sentiment was heavily concentrated in the left before Covid. Although I would guess those folks were probably also anti-Covid-vax. That one aside, an argument could be made that the science that the current right has teamed against has greater implications regarding global health and global warming.

You lost me here. These are left leaning corporations?! Employing a decent number of left leaning folks does not mean a left leaning organization.

You're right, I just had to do it for the couple likes I (hopefully) get. ;)

It's actually really interesting how anti-vax sentiment was heavily concentrated in the left before Covid. Although I would guess those folks were probably also anti-Covid-vax. That one aside, an argument could be made that the science that the current right has teamed against has greater implications regarding global health and global warming.
Anti-vax is an interesting one. To oversimplify, it first was pushed by small very conservative religious groups, then later by more of "granola" groups, then by suburban homemakers across the spectrum, to now right of center covid folks. Go figure.

Anti-vax is an interesting one. To oversimplify, it first was pushed by small very conservative religious groups, then later by more of "granola" groups, then by suburban homemakers across the spectrum, to now right of center covid folks. Go figure.
Then there’s some folks I know who are the crossroads of all of them. Religious right leaning suburbanite boomers who use a naturopath instead of a doctor, and are now staunchly anti-vax. These folks both caught COVID, one nearly died of pneumonia from it, yet are now saying COVID cured them of their lung problems, and are touting ivermectin as the drug that saved them. 🤦‍♂️

Anti-vax is an interesting one. To oversimplify, it first was pushed by small very conservative religious groups, then later by more of "granola" groups, then by suburban homemakers across the spectrum, then by Democrats in regards to C19 vax and only while Trump was in office, to now right of center covid folks. Go figure.
You missed one in the timeline.

And the extreme right demographic groups that are the least vaccinated are African American and Hispanic males and young people.

And the extreme right demographic groups that are the least vaccinated are African American and Hispanic males and young people.
I don’t know, but would speculate long-standing trust issues coming out of medical experimentation and poor treatment patterns of black Americans account for some of the non-vac sentiment with that group, and the anti-vax push by some catholic leaders due to “use of fetal tissue” would hit Hispanic population harder. But who knows.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back