.280 AI New Rifle

BucksnDucks

I've been kicking around the idea of a new rifle in .280 AI for a year or two. The Bergara Highlander checks most the boxes for production guns, but also considering CA Ridgeline and Kimber. I would like to stay around 2K, more than that and I will start looking for a builder. I know Viking Guy had a thread a while back and went custom, I think. I would like to keep weight comparable to the rifles mentioned around 7 lbs.
I know I don't need another rifle, but I want one as my go to for Elk and a new reloading project. Any experience to share with the .280 or advice with choices appreciated.

I ended up being too busy at work to really engage the custom process the way I wanted to so I ordered the 280AI Highlander. It was just about how I would have done custom (but would have done in satin stainless rather than cerskote). They have no idea when it will ship but they speculated 3 weeks to 3 months. When I get it I will let folks know my impressions. And I still have a custom build to look forward to ;)

Thanks for reply. I called Bergara earlier in the year and was told late spring /early summer. I heard some have shipped and are in stock but not the .280. Did you ever gets your hands on one or just pre ordered without seeing first hand? Either way look forward to hearing how you like it.

Thanks for reply. I called Bergara earlier in the year and was told late spring /early summer. I heard some have shipped and are in stock but not the .280. Did you ever gets your hands on one or just pre ordered without seeing first hand? Either way look forward to hearing how you like it.
Via pre-order ($1,600). But I have handled their action and held Greyboe stock so I have high confidence I will be satisfied (until the custom bug bites again).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back