PEAX Equipment

280 A.I. bullets

Badlandcat

Been shooting Nosler factory loads, have enough brass to start reloading. Just wondering what bullets everyone is having good luck with ? Would like to stay with 140 gr, rifle is a Cooper Model 52.
Thanks

If you are using it for hunting, stay with the Noslers and you can't go wrong. Partitions or Accubonds are my pick and the e-tips have a good rep if you want lead-free. There are lots of good bullets out there to play with, depending on your use.

I also really like 139-grain Interlocks in one of my 7 mags for deer/antelope. I only load them to about 3100 fps and they are extremely accurate. Interlocks do not break the bank, either.

I'm running the 145 grain Barnes LRX over 60.8 7828SSC, Win LRM primers, 3050 fps muzzle velocity.

It's on the hot end in my rifle. I'm shooting a Remington 700 mountain rifle recut from 280 Rem to 280AI by a local smith, 22" barrel.

I've been very pleased with both the ballistics and the terminal performance of the Barnes. Had good luck with accubonds in the past too, prior to rechambering the rifle.

ETA - I run them .050 off the lands, Barnes seem to like a big jump.

Last edited:
140 Accubond, for hunting. 140 Ballistic Tip for range work & load development.

That will work just fine and the Ballistic tip is great for practice and varmint shooting such as coyotes. Love the 140 gr. Partition though and the 140 gr. E-tip is a very solid hunting bullet.

I've been using 150 swift sirocco II's. These bullets were finicky to get to shoot but they retain weight like crazy with a good BC. I love them. running them about 3100 out of a 26" tube.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back