28 Drake opener......

wingman1

All I can say is we had a blast. My 5 year old son got to call his first duck in. Both of my lab pups got some good work in with a few long blind retrieves. Took all of about 30 minutes and we were done. Great hatch this year. Should be an epic season.

Attachments

• 2011-10-01 08.55.53.jpg
    2011-10-01 08.55.53.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 452
Damn, that's a lot of greenheads. Looks like it was a great hunt. Just out of curiosity, what is the general area that you were hunting. Are you out in western Montana? I am in western North Dakota and this is looking like it will be the best duck season for us in probably 5-7 years. Just a phenomenal amount of water here and the ducks had a great year for production.

Congrats, there's not much that compares in my mind to the first flight of the season cupped up over your decoys. Glad your boy and dogs had fun. Wish I had been there.

Dude, I bet he was stoked calling in a duck. Do you give him a little toy gun when you are out hunting? My 4 year old always wants to take "his" gun.

Wow 30 min. thats awesome and great lookin dogs there and son by the way... Something every parent should be doin...

Back