257 Weatherby zero

I bought a mark v weathermark in 257. I have only had a chance to shoot the factory wby ammo with 110 accubonds. It shoots under an 1” for me so thats plenty good. How do you all like the ttsx? You dont worry about the petals breaking off with the high speed? This is my 110 accubond. Shot a whitetail buck through both shoulders at 310 yds and it was resting on the opposite side against the hide.F17E0F86-DDC0-4779-9589-423E1DA0DFA4.jpeg

I have another caliber/rifle that has that problem with soft points. So ive personally been hesitant to shoot anything without a polymer tip. I know theyre not perfect. I have just had better luck with them.

I sight my .257 Wby for dead on at 300 yards. It’s a Mark V Accumark.

With that I shot a nice whitetail a few years back lazered at 390 yards. I placed the cross hairs right on his back, and he dropped within 15 feet.

I shoot 110 grain Accubonds.

My .257 is my favorite rifle for hunting out West. It’s very fast, very flat and very accurate.
Update:

This past September I used the same rig above to shoot an Antelope at 355 yards. It punched a hole in both lungs. At the shot he flipped right over backwards and literally never took a step. This gun is really starting to grow on me.

Update:

This past September I used the same rig above to shoot an Antelope at 355 yards. It punched a hole in both lungs. At the shot he flipped right over backwards and literally never took a step. This gun is really starting to grow on me.
The more you use it you will see those are typical results. I use mine for every hunt now just because I have that much confidence in it. I’ve shot numerous deer and antelope and elk from varying distances and it’s not disappointed me yet. Truly the best caliber I’ve used. I don’t think I’ll ever be without one for the rest of my life

Not that this has to do with the zero of the 257wby, but what do all of your rifles weigh ready to go into the field?

Back