Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

257 Weatherby zero

220yotekiller

So went and zeroed my 257 Weatherby with my new load and to say l'm impressed! At 100 yards it's 1" high, at 200 yards it's dead on, at 300 yards its 4" low, and at 400 yards it's 14" low. It shoots just under an inch at 100 yards, so l'm pretty happy with it.

You have a flat shooting rifle there don’t handicap it. I sight my .264 Win Mag dead on 300 yards which makes it just 3 inches high at 100 yards 4 inches high at 200 yards. For Deer just point and shoot to 375 yards no dialing. Yes I have a Leupold 4.5x14 40mm 3i CDS but I don’t mess with it until I’m beyond 375 yards. The .257 Weatherby is just as flat shooting.

I sight my .257 Wby for dead on at 300 yards. It’s a Mark V Accumark.

With that I shot a nice whitetail a few years back lazered at 390 yards. I placed the cross hairs right on his back, and he dropped within 15 feet.

I shoot 110 grain Accubonds.

My .257 is my favorite rifle for hunting out West. It’s very fast, very flat and very accurate.

Last edited:
Haven’t worked with Norma brass yet, but have heard it good.
Picked up Nosler brass for the 257 and man do I like it.
I haven't ever shot Nosler brass, l hear it's good though! The only reason l am running Norma is because l'm just reloading the factory cases. I had a really good load for it with Reloader 26 but it was to hard to find so l switched to Reloader 25. My rifle did NOT like the Hornady 110 grain eldx bullets!

I haven't ever shot Nosler brass, l hear it's good though! The only reason l am running Norma is because l'm just reloading the factory cases. I had a really good load for it with Reloader 26 but it was to hard to find so l switched to Reloader 25. My rifle did NOT like the Hornady 110 grain eldx bullets!

The triple shocks are better choice anyway when comparing it to the eldx.

Wouldn’t you like to know what bullet Roy Weatherby used in his .257 to take down a rhino! Back in those day, you choices were pretty limited compared to today.

Wouldn’t you like to know what bullet Roy Weatherby used in his .257 to take down a rhino! Back in those day, you choices were pretty limited compared to today.

That would be interesting to know. I bet a call to the office in Wyoming might turn that info up. I’d guess a solid or a Partition in the lungs. Same with the Cape Buffalo.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back