Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

25 calibers, REJOICE!!!

I don’t have a 25 but my buddy desperately wants me to load up some rounds for him so I recently bought a die set. I told him I will do my best to find components but what would be a good “concensus” 25-06 bullet if he had to settle on only one. NP, copper or a poly tipped something or other? I want to steer him into a heavy enough for caliber deer bullet, assuming 1:10 based on the comments above.

I don’t have a 25 but my buddy desperately wants me to load up some rounds for him so I recently bought a die set. I told him I will do my best to find components but what would be a good “concensus” 25-06 bullet if he had to settle on only one. NP, copper or a poly tipped something or other? I want to steer him into a heavy enough for caliber deer bullet, assuming 1:10 based on the comments above.
Partitions are tried and true and have been around a very long time performing well. My personal favorite is the accubond.

Sierra has also released a 110gr Tipped GameKing.
Pretty much all of the bullet manufacturers make a 25 caliber bullet that works well on game.
For deer sized animals, the Nosler Ballistic Tip in either 100gr, or 115gr are my go to bullets. Put behind the shoulder i get pass throughs with my 257 Roberts.

Berger's 115gr VLD have worked well for me also, as have Sierra 100gr SPBT GameKings.

I don’t think you could find a 25 cal bullet that wouldn’t kill a deer out of a 25-06

Zeroing in on a 115 NP which seems to be in a sweet spot and are hopefully obtainable. Probably can't go wrong with that and from what I am reading, would even be suitable for elk on occasion. If a 100-grain 243 can do something, a 25 can do it better, from the sound of it.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back