MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

23 swing for fences tag

Swung for the fences with my Wyoming elk app burned my points last year so long shot random for me with about 1 in 500 odds (insert telling me there's a chance meme here). My NM apps are usually all long shot hunts but I've been lowering my standards on the deer app last couple years. Really just wanna hunt NM again and deer seems like the best bet for me. Some other longshots for me this year will be WY deer, Idaho moose, Oklahoma elk, BH mule deer SD, Custer bison SD, along with a few Texas controlled hunts. Still gotta get a solid "swinging inside the fences" plan was thinking 1st rifle CO elk but with a new baby coming I'm not sure I want all that work on my "vacation". New plan has me grabbing 3-6 antelope tags and hunting 3-4 different areas from early September to early October from central Wyoming to SE Colorado ( maybe NM with a ton of luck).

1 western elk tag secured fingers crossed hunting partner draws a tag. Successful in WI spring turkey draw 2nd season, will apply for WI elk also. Probably also try for a controlled metro deer tag this year too.

hoping for a pronghorn in one of colorado's few and far between random draws. other than that run of the mill draws that i should have no problem getting.

be putting names into that hat for CO MSG. odds? slim to none. but someday i'll be chasing goats in the mighty Gore range. someday.
Togie…I got to do exactly that last season!!

I don't know if this is swinging for the fences but I am applying for a tag in wyoming that had 50% odds at 6 points last year. I fully understand that it may take more points this year but a man can hope right?

I've also swung for the fences in Arizona for the same tag I managed a grand slam of a drawing (early archery, had 1% chance). Other than that i'll be stepping up to the plate for Colorado moose, sheep, and a variety of New Mexico species.

We already did the hunt but seeing my wife hit the Idaho moose tag that I did always tops the dream list every year. We now know there are some big boys in there much larger than the one we got and we have been dreaming of doing that trip again with more experience and knowledge that we now have.

I am trying to burn max elk points in WY. It should happen, but time will tell and I am not packing just yet. Otherwise, I am swinging for the fences in AZ, NM, UT, WY, ND, and Maine (moose). Bonus points and preference points in remaining states. CO draw, OTC and LO list tags, as well as OK deer, will round out the 2023 hunting season here. Good luck in the draws this year!!

time of your life??
Well, kind of. I had all the luck in the world last year and drew both a Rocky Ram tag and the Goat tag same year!! Both hunts were deep backcountry wilderness back pack hunts just how I had always dreamed. I can’t bring myself to picking a winner but I will say without hesitation I had the best season of my life!

Attachments

• 9EB0A5FB-5999-45F7-9EF0-FE51153E3542.jpeg
    9EB0A5FB-5999-45F7-9EF0-FE51153E3542.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 51
  • 46055757-1ADC-4440-BA13-9803CF9ACCDA.jpeg
    46055757-1ADC-4440-BA13-9803CF9ACCDA.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 47
Well, kind of. I had all the luck in the world last year and drew both a Rocky Ram tag and the Goat tag same year!! Both hunts were deep backcountry wilderness back pack hunts just how I had always dreamed. I can’t bring myself to picking a winner but I will say without hesitation I had the best season of my life!

ah! i had a suspicion that goat from your profile pic was not the gores.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back