Caribou Gear

23 swing for fences tag

ccc23454

Today is Wy NR elk deadline so i will ask same question i ask every year about this time as i enjoy hearing what others are truly hopeful to hit in draws. Mine is the same mountain goat tag that i have been chasing for years, but whats your slammer tag in all your apps? Who's cashing in big point totals or guys who have a chance at OIL tags! People like @seeth07 (and wife) just hit everything in random but for us normal folk that lack that kind of luck what's the one tag your truly hopeful says SUCCESSFUL when results hit. My favorite part of this time of year is wishful thinking...
mountain_goat_1518106789.jpg

Last edited:
Not hoping for a lightning strike this year other than I bought my WY super tag raffle tickets. Have 6 elk pts in MT, so pretty good odds I'll draw the unit I'm looking at this year.

We are going with an outfitter early August. Good luck on the permit!
Thats the only way to do it if its something you really want to do. I may end up there one day. Its nice thats its all random and not points-based like hunting tags.

Or, just refresh the availability page every evening all evening as you are doing whatever. Cancellations show up randomly (purposely, to avoid gaming the system) so you may get lucky - I know someone that this worked for a few years back. I dont think I have that level of dedication, tho.

hoping for a pronghorn in one of colorado's few and far between random draws. other than that run of the mill draws that i should have no problem getting.

be putting names into that hat for CO MSG. odds? slim to none. but someday i'll be chasing goats in the mighty Gore range. someday.

Today is Wy NR elk deadline so i will ask same question i ask every year about this time as i enjoy hearing what others are truly hopful to hit in draws. Mine is the same mountain goat tag that i have been chasing for years, but whats your slammer tag in all your apps? Who's cashing in big point totals or guys who have a chance at OIL tags! People like @seeth07 (and wife) just hit everything in random but for us normal folk that lack that kind of luck what's the one tag your truly hopeful says SUCCESSFUL when results hit. My favorite part of this time of year is wishful thinking...
View attachment 262978
A Big Billy Tag

Hands down

Good luck!

Hunting Mountain Goat in Alaska this year, my brother is a resident and all the tags are over the counter so no draw.

To avoid the stress of drawing something crazy this year and having to split time I’m going points only across the board in other states. I’ll apply for a special MT deer permit because no matter what I’d have time to hunt it over Thanksgiving, but won’t draw.

Tbh if I would’ve started hunting Alaska sooner I don’t think I’d be applying in so many states down here. Maybe just my home state (MT) and one other.

Thats the only way to do it if its something you really want to do. I may end up there one day. Its nice thats its all random and not points-based like hunting tags.

Or, just refresh the availability page every evening all evening as you are doing whatever. Cancellations show up randomly (purposely, to avoid gaming the system) so you may get lucky - I know someone that this worked for a few years back. I dont think I have that level of dedication, tho.
The people really on top of it write a computer program to notify them as soon as an available pops up and then they snag it. No refreshing or anything needed, basically an alert on your phone. I know people that go almost every year because of doing this.

My swing for the fences tag is any of the big 3 in Montana, but that is the same every year. The one I really want is a moose.

The people really on top of it write a computer program to notify them as soon as an available pops up and then they snag it. No refreshing or anything needed, basically an alert on your phone. I know people that go almost every year because of doing this.

My swing for the fences tag is any of the big 3 in Montana, but that is the same every year. The one I really want is a moose.
Its sad that these things have come to this. Its like the workarounds for snagging desirables campgrounds. fire lookouts, and everything else.

I'm looking to cash in 12 mule deer points in CO. I have it down to two units. They are both completely different hunts. One unit has much more deer and larger unit with 140 tags issued. The other is a smaller unit with less than ten tags issued. Both rifle hunts. I'm not sure how I will decide.

Back